Dr. Lawrence Frank MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.6

June 2nd, 2016
One of the best
I have been a patient of Dr. Frank's for 15 years. He is a great listener, practitioner, and diagnostician. I have seen him for many ailments and he takes a very thorough approach to assessing the problem and putting together a treatment plan to address your specific needs. He is not afraid to think outside the box in order to provide you the best options for your care. As with every great doctor, there is a great staff behind him that keeps the operation running smoothly. Dr. Frank has a wonderful office staff, nurses, techs, and schedulers there to set up appts and work with you regarding your insurance. Dr. Frank has always provided me the best treatment for my symptoms. He is the only physical med/rehab doctor for me.

January 29th, 2016
I saw Dr. Frank for wrist problems. After he examined me he was able to diagnose me. He answered my questions and was able to explain why I had this problem. He gave me the option of a wrist injection. I had the injection and my wrist is feeling much better. I would recommend Dr. Frank to my friends and family members.

January 20th, 2016
arrogant
Horrible does not care or listen to the patient. Very arrogant and does not look at the PT when he is talking he looks at the wall. Very rude no bedside manner no help at all. He's just there to make money.

August 21st, 2015
Dr. Frank is a wonderful physician -- he is kind, considerate, friendly and helpful. He helped my back pain considerably, took time with me and (very important) listened to me. I would give him ten stars if I could.

August 4th, 2015
I saw Dr. Frank after having a surgery ( L4-5 Microdiscectomy/partial laminectomy) at Rush due to continued leg pain and low back pain. He performed a Lumbar steroid injection that almost completely took the pain away for months and when the pain returned he worked on medications which helped. I also feel he is very professional and listens to the issues and is honest in the fact. I would recommend him to my friends and family.

February 27th, 2015
Condescending arrogant and apathetic to my pain and situation

November 26th, 2013
Registered Nurse
The only thing nice about his office was his staff. I have been a nurse for over 37 years. I have dealt with pain for a long time, obviously if I could no longer accept my pain as it is I am ready to seek help. He was the most unprofessional physician I have ever met. He was very rude and totally ninterested in hearing anything about my pain history at all. I left there with more questions about my diagnosis and treatment plan then when I walked in. I would encourage everyone to avoid this physician and seek help elsewhere and if you do go definitly get a secod opinion. After his physical examination I left the office in even more pain then when I arrived, his comment to me was "no pain, No gain" Really this is bedside manner. I will not be back.

July 3rd, 2012
Great Doctor
Dr. Frank treated both my husband and me after we were referred by another doctor at Elmhurst hospital. He is knowledgeable, he listens and tries conservative approaches before suggesting surgery. He has helped both my husband and me and we wouldn't go anywhere else and we drive an hour to his office.

May 26th, 2012
A very good spine guy
Dr.Frank fixed my disc problem with a procedure called IDET, Thanks to him I have been pain free and able to lift weights and work my heavy job ever since. It has been around three years now I believe since the procedure. I just came across this web site and decided I owed him this good comment. I cant thank him enough. I would trust my 11yr old's spine in his hands he knows what he is doing.

March 5th, 2012
I have seen my primary care phsysicians for the problems I have had with my upper spine and nobody would even consider seeing a spine specialist. Until I saw another Dr. and he recommended Dr. Frank. He was fantastic...he tried a few things with me unitl we chose to do the steroid injection. I had to have 2. I feel great!He has has a wonderful bedside manner and trust me, I have worked with doctors and I mean as an employee, and he is just wonderful. He will ask you before you go in for your injection and what type of music you like and he will play it for you. Its nice for a doctor to do that. I would recommend Dr. Frank to my family and friends!!!

November 16th, 2011
Excellent Best Doctor
Dr Frank treated my back injury for over 2 yrs and through 2 surgeries in coordination with Dr Richard Fessler. I currently have a stable spine with little to no pain or discomfort. I lead a very active lifestyle, working out 3-4 times a week along with travel and enjoyment of 3 new grandchildren. Dr Frank was always encouraging and very skilled in treating my pain which helped me to maintain my job and life style while healing. I have and will continue to recommended him to my friends and acquaintances to Dr Frank.

October 7th, 2011
HEARTLESS CARE
Basically - we went to him for help and he was heartless and nasty. During an evaluation he demanded to know what I wanted and then told me in a very heartless manner that I was going to be in pain for the rest of my life. By the way - this is how he treats a 75 year old woman with pain. This guy is a jerk. He made me feel horrible.