A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Lawrence Garbo:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 2.5 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Lawrence Garbo is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Lawrence Garbo, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine, Hematology, and Medical Oncology.
- He has special expertise in 4 areas:
- Adult T-Cell Leukemia-Lymphoma
- Chronic B-Cell Lymphocytic Leukemia
Education & Awards
Dr. Garbo graduated from University of Vermont, Burlington. He has 2 awards.
Dr. Garbo has 6 hospital affiliations:
- Albany Medical Center Hospital
- St Peter's Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Garbo accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- MVP Health Care Preferred Care - 49 plans
- United Healthcare - 16 plans
- HIP Health Plan of New York - 8 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 3 plans
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield - 2 plans
- Unicare - 2 plans
- Fidelis Care - 4 plans
- Humana - 5 plans
- Capital District Physicians Health Plan - 1 plan
- The Empire Plan (UHC) - 1 plan
- Aetna - 2 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Lawrence E. Garbo practice?
Dr. Lawrence Garbo practices Internal Medicine, Hematology, Medical Oncology, Hematology & Oncology, and Hematology near Albany, NY.
Additional practice locations include: Latham, NY.
See Albany Internists, Albany Hematologists, and Albany Oncologists.