Dr. Lawrence Gardner Is this you?

3.4

Have you seen Dr. Lawrence Gardner?

The Bestest!

Posted on November 14th, 2013

I came to Dr. Gardner after several other fiascos! I knew I had breast cancer, my primary knew it, the ultra sound tech knew it etc. Yet the tests said I did not??? He took one look, he said, "the bad news is that it is cancer, the good news, we will take care of that for you" and he was right. All I asked of him was to look at the records and tell me what I already knew in a way that would pass the "smell test". I was tired of being lied to and given ONLY the options covered by my insurance. He gave it to me straight and was such a relief. His attitude was refreshing!!! He had to perform a second biopsy and it was like a day at the spa compared to the first one given to me by another doctor! He was a lovely man, doctor and person. I am sorry to see him retire as there is NO ONE else like him!! He has saved soooo many lives in this city and came highly recommended by the Mayo Clinic as well. His work was PERFECT! I can't say enough about him. I survived and thrived because of HIM! The wait is sometimes long but SOOOO worth it! When he retires this city loses a VALUABLE asset! Love love love him!

lumpectomy, followed 2 months later by double mastectomy

Posted on October 16th, 2012

Dr. Gardner was excellent. When my breast cancer was diagnosed in 2008, we opted for a lumpectomy followed by radiation, The lumpectomy was a work of art. Perfect! A month later,when I felt unable to do the radiation and decided instead to have a double mastectomy, Dr. Gardner was understanding, He honored my decision not to have reconstruction, and left no "dog ears" when he did the surgery. My chest looks perfect, like a young girls', no hanging skin. HE IS AN ARTIST AND A GENTLEMAN, IN ADDITION TO BEING A GREAT SURGEON.

He seems to have an ego issue. I found him to be obnoxious and pompous at best.

Posted on July 11th, 2012

One of his staff members is overbearing and seems to feel she runs his office and him. I was not impressed with her and if he knew how she treated his patients she'd be fired. Some doctors are unaware of what goes on outside of their office space. It's a shame.

The Best Doctor in town!

Posted on August 30th, 2011

I was diagnosed with breast cancer and Dr Gardner took care of me. He was very knowledgeable and caring. He didn't give up on me, even if it took 4 surgeries to finally stop the cancer from spreading. We finally got a clear margin! I will be forever thankful to Dr Gardner and his wonderful staff!

Posted on October 27th, 2014