Lawrence S Gordon MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.4
  • 4 reviews

April 3rd, 2013
Strong medical knowledge, bad bedside manner and professionalism
PROS: 1) Small office 2) Wait time is very low (5-10 minutes) 3) Dr. Gordon obviously knows medical information and diagnoses well. He explains health problems so you understand them. CONS: 1) They only accept cash and personal check. They didn't tell me beforehand that these were the only acceptable payments. 2) Dr. Gordon's first question about me (directed at the nurse) was what insurance I was on. Which gave me a very bad impression that his concern was more about the money he would earn from the visit as opposed to his concerns for my health. 3) Dr. Gordon seemed a little curt and rushed with me during my appointment. I got the impression he felt I was wasting his time. 5) Similar to what another reviewer said, he repeatedly complained about insurance companies. 6) I have called three days in a row, at multiple times during regular working hours (M-F, 9am-5pm) to cancel an appointment and was unable to reach them on several occasions. They are only available by phone. They don't always answer their phone, don't have voicemail, don't have email, and don't have a website. Overall, I wouldn't recommend Dr. Gordon. He definitely has a great deal of medical knowledge, but the inconvenience, bad bedside manner, and unreliable contact just don't make it worth it in my opinion.

November 9th, 2009
Excellent experience. No fooling around. Accurately diagnosed a problem bothering me for years that other MDs missed. I'll definately be back.

June 17th, 2009
Glad I didn't listen to review
Was pleasantly surprised to find that he called me back the very next day with my results. Made sure he spoke with the specialist while I was still in the office and helped get me an appointment ASAP. Sometimes intense which can be misunderstood as unfriendly, but I'm not there to make friends. I'm there for proper diagnosis and treatment, which I received...and then some. Will switch my children from their multi-doc practice to Dr. Gordon next time they're sick.

July 30th, 2008
Hates insurance companies and lets his patients know. Disdain for insurance carriers gets in way of practicing medicine. If you question something, the response is, "It's the insurance companies, not us." Maybe so, but there is a professional way in which to tell a patient/customer something they do not want to hear without coming across as curt and rude. The manner and tone in which you interact with others goes a long way.