A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
- Currently 3.5 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Lawrence Herman is Excellent. Dr. Herman has been reviewed by 17 patients who have provided 14 comments. The rating is 3.5 out of 4 stars.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Lawrence Herman, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology.
He has special expertise in 3 Areas, including Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD), Colon Cancer, and Gastrointestinal Cancer.
More Specialties & Research
Education & Awards
Dr. Herman graduated from Cornell University, New York. He has 3 awards.
Dr. Herman has 5 hospital affiliations:
- New York Presbyterian Columbia
- Beth Israel Medical Center
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Herman accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 16 plans
- HIP Health Plan of New York - 32 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 1 plan
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield - 14 plans
- Unicare - 11 plans
- Univera Healthcare - 1 plan
- Neighborhood Health Plan (NHP) - 1 plan
- Evercare - 9 plans
- Oxford Health Plans - 3 plans
- Humana - 8 plans
- Capital District Physicians Health Plan - 2 plans
- Cigna - 2 plans
- The Empire Plan (UHC) - 1 plan
More Accepted Insurance
Learn more about Dr. Lawrence Herman:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Lawrence L. Herman practice?
Dr. Lawrence Herman practices Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology near New York, NY.
Additional practice locations include: Staten Island, NY.
See New York Internists and New York Gastroenterologists.
- Similar Physician Names
- Dr. Larry Herman, Dr. Loren Herman, Dr. Lorenzo Herman, Dr. Laurence Herman