Dr. Lawrence Jacobson MD Patient Reviews

September 14th, 2015
Good Doctor; Bad Office
If I were just reviewing Dr. Jacobson on his knowledge, skill and intellect, this would be a 5-Star review. However, I've deducted stars overall because his office in Manhattan is a hot mess. My guess is that part of the problems is his success. He has tons of patients. Too many for this office and this staff. Quarters are cramped. Waiting room is full with patients going back-and-forth between the waiting room and various other rooms, with LONG waits in between. His admin staff is in over its head, testy and disorganized. All I can say is that if you want to see this excellent physician, be prepared to wait and wait and wait some more.

May 22nd, 2015
Mr
The best ever. This doctor could not take any insurance and have a thriving practice. He is a brilliant professor and clinician, one of the best in the country. Instead he takes insurance because he wants to help people. A real doctor like they used to be

July 11th, 2014
Receptionist/Assistant - Very Disrespecful
Although the Dr. Jacobson is very professional & understanding, the front desk receptionist (the Latina) needs training on communicating with patients in both word usage & attitude. Very argumentative in front of the doctor, staff, as well as other patients. And apparently the doctor doesn't care because she still works there. Ultimately, his staff comes before his patients. I've yet to receive an apologetic call from the doctor after her unprofessional behavior. If you care about courteous staff members, I'd bypass this one.

April 25th, 2013
bad bad bad
WOW. Disgusting. Only care about squeezing your money.

October 15th, 2012
I had a problem that my contact lenses caused intense eye irritatation. It was terribly red & always tearing. I visited top specialists in NYC, all concluded that my eyes cannot tolerate contacts and therefore I should discontinue using them. Someone suggested I visit Dr. Jacobson. I did so but really didnt believe he would have a magic answer. Fortunately Dr. Jacobson found that my eyes were allergic to the ingredients used in the solutions & suggested I use 1 day disposables. He also suggested a specific vitamin to lubricate and nourish my dry irritated eyes. I did so and was greatly relieved. After 2 1/2 years of struggling and visiting top specialists I was able to wear my contacts again.