A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Lawrence Kaplan:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Lawrence Kaplan is Good.
Prepare before visiting Dr. Kaplan
Skin Cancer Patient Education Read about Melanoma, basal cell and squamous cell carcinoma types in our skin cancer patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Kaplan Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Lawrence Kaplan, MD is board certified in Medical Oncology.
- He has special expertise in 13 areas:
- AIDS/HIV (Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome)
- Adult T-Cell Leukemia-Lymphoma
- Bone Marrow Transplantation
- Bone Marrow and Lymphatic Tissue Cancer (Hematologic Neoplasm)
- Hodgkin Disease
- Infectious Disease
- Multiple Myeloma (Cancer of Plasma Cells)
- Myelodysplastic Syndromes
- Organ Transplantation
Education & Awards
Dr. Kaplan graduated from University of California at Los Angeles. He has 2 awards.
Dr. Kaplan has 3 hospital affiliations:
- UCSF Medical Center / Moffitt-Long Hospitals
- UCSF Mt Zion
- UCSF Medical Center / Mt. Zion Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Lawrence David Kaplan MD is a male Oncologist , has 32 years of experience and practices in Medical Oncology.
- Where does Dr. Lawrence D. Kaplan practice?
- Dr. Lawrence Kaplan has 1 office location.
Dr. Lawrence Kaplan practices Medical Oncology near San Francisco, CA.
See San Francisco Oncologists.