3.0

Poor beside manner show details Poor beside manner
Dec 22nd, 2015

Dr. Katin was shockingly dismissive after my son's surgery. He would not answer questions and abruptly stated, "I have to get to the next case. Everything will be on the discharge papers."

Risk of malignancy overlooked.. show details Risk of malignancy overlooked..
by Leslie L. on Apr 25th, 2013

I saw the doctor about a blocked nasal package, swelling and discomfort and he said that it wold be necessary to have surgery on a deviated septum and to remove a growth that he had found. He ordered a scan but after I had it, I got a call that he had ordered the wrong scan and I had to go and get another. In the meantime, his office would only schedule me every Thursday for follow ups and failed to tell me that there were other locations where I could be seen more quickly - until I asked. Dr. Katin said that he could not get a room at Paoli for 2 weeks (now it is already 3 1/2 weeks that have passed - and I am still sick). I decide to chuck it and go to Penn where I was immediately diagnosed with a dangerous sarcoma - leiomyosarcoma to be exact. This type of cancer is aggressive - and I was scheduled for surgery 2 days later. The doctors at Penn said that with these kind of tumors, time is critical. If you have something you think may be serious or require surgery, AVOID THIS PHYSICIAN!

Find another ENT! show details Find another ENT!
Feb 2nd, 2013

Dr. Katin messed up my sinus surgery! He did not fully fix the problem. My breathing barely improved. Now there is this weird noise when I breathe on the right side of my nose. I tell him about it and he dismissed it and said, "Well there is a small hole from the surgery. There is nothing I can do. It should go away." My surgery was a year ago and I still have the noise and I can barely breathe through my nose! To add to this.... the office staff is horrible!!! They are very dismissive, full of attitude and could care less about you! I have found a new ENT. I suggest you find a new doctor too and don't put yourself through the pain that I have been dealing with for the last year. Can we say incompetence?!

Excellent show details Excellent
Nov 13th, 2012

I had an excellent experience with Dr. Katin. He explained my options clearly, explained the risks and benefits of those options, and when we decided on surgery, he was very professional. My surgery was completed without complications and healing went as expected.

Failed Surgery show details Failed Surgery
Nov 4th, 2012

Dr. Katin examined my throat and assured me he could fix my problem. Scheduled surgery and after having general anesthesia and being in the OR for an hour, Dr. Katin leaves the OR and tells my spouse that he could not find the area he needed to find to "fix" the problem! I had to pay all co-pays as he refused to waive any of the fees and of course I had to pay all copays associated with the hospital and anesthesia team. Dr. Katin stated I would need to go "downtown" (HUP or similar hospital). Total incompetence!! He should know better and should have sent me downtown in the first place. Obviously this was above his paygrade and expertise as a surgeon. What a full disservice to a patient!! I came out of the OR looking like Mohamad Ali has worked me over !!

Sep 8th, 2012

I highly recommend Dr. Katin. He is very kind and compassionate. He listens to what you have to say and answers any questions. He is thorough in his examination and treatment. More conservative in his approach, he tries other remedies before jumping into surgery right away--which I like. My complaint is that in the Paoli office they are always running well behind schedule and there is usually a significant wait.

Simple procedure with poor results show details Simple procedure with poor results
Aug 10th, 2012

I just wish I had read all the bad reviews this office already has and saved myself, but I didnt. So now I write is in hopes this help the next person planning on going to Paoli ENT.Not to be too specific but I had an extremely straight forward procedure done on my nose to elevate sleep apnea. The procedure was not explained to me one bit nor was I asked if I had any questions. I didn't ask because I knew what was involved, but if I had been a layman it would be really unfair.Enduring the post-op agony associated with any procedure on your nose led to only 10-20% improved breathing...i.e. a catastrophically bad outcome... I could speak to specifics but the purpose is not to trash the physician, rather to simple talk how my procedure was screwed up and about how I would not even recommend my worst enemy to this physicianThe blame for this is now being passed from allergies to dust mites . How unfortunate for me!!!This combined with the minimum wait for an office visit of 45 minutes past your appointment time and extremely dismissive office staff that have never once said Sorry about the delay! the answer is always He is running behind!!! What do you US to do about it??? Unbelievably unprofessional!!!!