Otolaryngologist
255 W Lancaster Ave
Ste 224
Paoli, PA 19301
610-647-6070
Locations and availability (3)

2.5

|  Risk of malignancy overlooked..  |  show details
by Leslie L. on Apr 25th, 2013

I saw the doctor about a blocked nasal package, swelling and discomfort and he said that it wold be necessary to have surgery on a deviated septum and to remove a growth that he had found. He ordered a scan but after I had it, I got a call that he had ordered the wrong scan and I had to go and get another. In the meantime, his office would only schedule me every Thursday for follow ups and failed to tell me that there were other locations where I could be seen more quickly - until I asked. Dr. Katin said that he could not get a room at Paoli for 2 weeks (now it is already 3 1/2 weeks that have passed - and I am still sick). I decide to chuck it and go to Penn where I was immediately diagnosed with a dangerous sarcoma - leiomyosarcoma to be exact. This type of cancer is aggressive - and I was scheduled for surgery 2 days later. The doctors at Penn said that with these kind of tumors, time is critical. If you have something you think may be serious or require surgery, AVOID THIS PHYSICIAN!

|  Find another ENT!  |  show details
Feb 2nd, 2013

Dr. Katin messed up my sinus surgery! He did not fully fix the problem. My breathing barely improved. Now there is this weird noise when I breathe on the right side of my nose. I tell him about it and he dismissed it and said, "Well there is a small hole from the surgery. There is nothing I can do. It should go away." My surgery was a year ago and I still have the noise and I can barely breathe through my nose! To add to this.... the office staff is horrible!!! They are very dismissive, full of attitude and could care less about you! I have found a new ENT. I suggest you find a new doctor too and don't put yourself through the pain that I have been dealing with for the last year. Can we say incompetence?!

|  Excellent  |  show details
Nov 13th, 2012

I had an excellent experience with Dr. Katin. He explained my options clearly, explained the risks and benefits of those options, and when we decided on surgery, he was very professional. My surgery was completed without complications and healing went as expected.

|  Failed Surgery  |  show details
Nov 4th, 2012

Dr. Katin examined my throat and assured me he could fix my problem. Scheduled surgery and after having general anesthesia and being in the OR for an hour, Dr. Katin leaves the OR and tells my spouse that he could not find the area he needed to find to "fix" the problem! I had to pay all co-pays as he refused to waive any of the fees and of course I had to pay all copays associated with the hospital and anesthesia team. Dr. Katin stated I would need to go "downtown" (HUP or similar hospital). Total incompetence!! He should know better and should have sent me downtown in the first place. Obviously this was above his paygrade and expertise as a surgeon. What a full disservice to a patient!! I came out of the OR looking like Mohamad Ali has worked me over !!

|  show details
Sep 8th, 2012

I highly recommend Dr. Katin. He is very kind and compassionate. He listens to what you have to say and answers any questions. He is thorough in his examination and treatment. More conservative in his approach, he tries other remedies before jumping into surgery right away--which I like. My complaint is that in the Paoli office they are always running well behind schedule and there is usually a significant wait.

|  Simple procedure with poor results  |  show details
Aug 10th, 2012

I just wish I had read all the bad reviews this office already has and saved myself, but I didnt. So now I write is in hopes this help the next person planning on going to Paoli ENT.Not to be too specific but I had an extremely straight forward procedure done on my nose to elevate sleep apnea. The procedure was not explained to me one bit nor was I asked if I had any questions. I didn't ask because I knew what was involved, but if I had been a layman it would be really unfair.Enduring the post-op agony associated with any procedure on your nose led to only 10-20% improved breathing...i.e. a catastrophically bad outcome... I could speak to specifics but the purpose is not to trash the physician, rather to simple talk how my procedure was screwed up and about how I would not even recommend my worst enemy to this physicianThe blame for this is now being passed from allergies to dust mites . How unfortunate for me!!!This combined with the minimum wait for an office visit of 45 minutes past your appointment time and extremely dismissive office staff that have never once said Sorry about the delay! the answer is always He is running behind!!! What do you US to do about it??? Unbelievably unprofessional!!!!

|  Failed Surgery!  |  show details
Mar 28th, 2012

Dr. Katin performed a surgery on me to remove a cyst from my throat in Feb 2012. He initially visualized the cyst via endoscopy in his office and viewed the MRI report and digital images of the cyst. So, basically he had all the information he needed/requested ahead of the surgery. He assured me that he was confident he could use scissors to remove the cyst from my throat. Following the surgery, he informed me that he could not remove the cyst and it was a very frustrating experience for him! His scissors could not reach the cyst and apparently he did not attempt to use other methods like laser. He only opted to biopsy the cyst which was not necessary in the first place because we already knew what the cyst was from the MRI report. Following the failed surgery, he referred me to another ENT Specialist at University of Pennsylvania and tried to persuade me not to seek other ENT specialists for second opinion. I obtained the surgery report from him and he indicated on it that the cyst was deeper and wider than initially thought and that he could not reach it with the scissors! To date, I still have a soft tissue in my throat that is impeding my speech and am very likely to undergo another surgery. I am also left with over $2,000 medical bills to pay for Dr. Katin's failed surgery.

|  Dr. Katin  |  show details
by Citysearch User on Mar 24th, 2008 on insiderpages.com

I saw Dr. Katin after having recurrent ear infections when I was pregnant. He has a very cold bedside manner and he recommended putting a tu...

Read Full Review at insiderpages.com