Orthopaedic Surgeon
6900 Orchard Lake Rd
# 103
Detroit, MI 48222
248-855-7400
Locations and availability (6)

2.5

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  lumbar back surgery  |  show details
May 29th, 2014

I went to this so called doctor for lumbar back surgery he was very inconsiderate of me and my time I felt that he was just out for $$$$ I seen him leave to take his kids off to school and when he came to see me in the hospital after surgery he was there with is kids. Over all I give him a BIG FAT FFF.

Nov 29th, 2012

I would never refer anyone to this man. I went to see him for intermittent numbness and weakness in my arms after my neck popped. He told me it was not from my neck and I did not need surgery and sent me out the door. Dr. Kurz diagnostic skills are remedial at best. Thank goodness I found a new doctor with superior diagnostic skills since Dr. Kurz failed to diagnose that I had a herniated disc at C2/C3 pressing on my spinal cord!

Oct 22nd, 2012

Dr. Kurz has performed 2 back surgeries on me. After the first one, I was so pleased with him & the way he took care of all of my needs, that when I needed my second back surgery, he was the only doctor I would even consider to do the surgery.

|  His head is in the game  |  show details
Sep 28th, 2012

Dr. Kurz saved my spine and neck, and I am eternally grateful. I've heard people think his extreme focus is "impersonal." ON THE CONTRARY: He is incredibly focused on healing you, achieving the best outcome and being precise. He is kind and professional. If you need spinal surgery, he's the doc.

|  An amazing surgeon  |  show details
Jun 2nd, 2012

Would recommend to family and friends etc.

|  distraught patient  |  show details
Apr 7th, 2011

I would never recommend ANYONE to Dr. Kurz. He spent MAYBE 5 minutes in the office with me. Dr. Kurz told me I was fine to go back to work after a semi truck accident when my wrists were still visibly swollen and my neck was barely flexible (I'm a hairdresser). He was unwelcoming and the first thing he did was make fun of my hair! I have never met a more rude and unfavorable professional in my life.

Sep 2nd, 2010

Not only have I have had back surgery performed by Dr. Kurz and he did a fantastic job - no further complications - but I know five other individuals that had surgery by him or his partners in the practice all of whom had very positive experiences and results!

|  Excellent Doctor  |  show details
by Sandie MacKay-Brissette on Aug 16th, 2010

I liked this man. He was quick and concise. Will see him tomorrow for follow up. God's Blessing...