Emergency Physicians, Osteopath, Neurologist (brain, nervous system)

9424 Veterans Dr SW
Lakewood, WA 98498
253-589-4625
Locations and availability (1)

2.5

|   |  show details
by K.P. on Sep 4th, 2013

Great Doctor, carefully explained what he was doing. Felt wonderful afterwards.

|  disappointment  |  show details
Jul 29th, 2013

I spent a long time with the office person before I went through great pains to get a referral. I was told that they do have patients with my insurance. My physician worked very hard to get the insurance referral on my behalf. When I obtained the referral and Called Dr. Lavine's office again the office then told me they do not accept my insurance. I can submit it and pay the difference. Even though the office person had every opportunity to tell me this during an extensive conversation about insurance, she chose not to. There is no excuse for something like this. When I called the office to express my concerns she gave me a very insincere apology. This was a lot of work and I feel like it was a snaky deal.

|  show details
Jan 18th, 2013

He always fixes what is wrong in my body

|  Can you say, Quak, Quak?  |  show details
Oct 24th, 2009

On his website, this doctor prides himself on his communication training, but he is incredibly bad at communicating. At my first appointment, I was taken into a back room of his office and given a glass ball to hold. I was given no explanation of what this glass ball was supposed to do. The assistent turned on an electric current that was supposed to travel through this glass ball, and then she left the room for 1 hour. During that hour, I tried to take my hand away from the ball and got a big electric shock; I was prisoner of this glass ball and could not put it down. After 1 hour of holding this ball, I went into the "treatment" room where the doctor berated me based on my responses to his health history form on the perceived causes of illness via talking to his assistent and not directly to me. He then gave me "treatment" which consisted of using a vibrating massager on the top of my head and then my neck. He told me that I would be "worse" then would get better. After treatment, I was seeing double and was about 20 times worse. I asked Lavine for literature on the treatments he had performed on me but he said he had no literature for "lay" people. I find that statement incredibly patronizing and condescending. No legitimate practioner would deny a patient knowledge into a treatment. I sincerely doubt that he had ANY peer reviewed articles supporting his "therapy". My symptoms were about 20 times worse for 2 weeks after the appt, and I finally had to go to an emergency room due to the symptoms I was having. Insurance denied about 50% of his charges (which I had to pay out of pocket, no small investment) because there was no proven beneift of the "therapy" he administored. This guy is a quack, and has rotten communication skills.