A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. L Lunsford:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
be the first!
Specialties & Research
- He has special expertise in 4 areas:
- Brain Cancer
- Gamma Knife Surgery (Stereotactic Radiosurgery)
- Movement Disorders
Education & Awards
Dr. Lunsford graduated from Columbia University, New York. He has 2 awards.
Dr. Lunsford has 11 hospital affiliations:
- UPMC Presbyterian/Shadyside
- Upmc St Margaret
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Lunsford accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Aetna - 3 plans
- UPMC Health Plan - 13 plans
- United Healthcare - 16 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 3 plans
- Unicare - 12 plans
- Humana - 6 plans
- CareSource - 3 plans
- Gateway Health Plan - 2 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. L D. Lunsford practice?
Dr. L Lunsford practices Neurological Surgery near Pittsburgh, PA.
See Pittsburgh Surgeons.