Dr. Lawrence Wells MD Patient Reviews

• Dermatology Oakland Gardens, NY

September 21st, 2016
Negligent
Didn't bother examining my skin which is genetically hypersensitive. Doesn't listen to patient at all. Prescribed tretinoin without proper instruction (speaking too fast, didn't advise me to wear sunscreen while on tretinoin, prescription unsuitable for hypersensitive skin which resulted in second degree burn and told me to keep using it which is negligent).

August 27th, 2015
Dr. Wells drops the F bomb and touches too much. I was very uncomfortable.

August 3rd, 2015
This doctor is excellent.

September 16th, 2014
Unprofessional & Negligent
Asked what the problem was, then prescribed a medication without even looking at the problem area. Made very inappropriate comments when I questioned him.

October 20th, 2012
I concur with the last comment; he's great at diagnosing and skilled at his treatments. He is sometimes abrupt if you ask too many questions. I guess he has a set number of minutes he spends with the patient but you will get the correct treatment which is the most important aspect.

July 25th, 2012
Strictly business
Dr. Wells is not there to hold your hand. He is strictly business. He just tells you what's wrong and what to do. He is very good at diagnosing. He is fast and doesn't waste your time. In/out.

July 15th, 2012
Great dermatologist
visited with dr wells last week. Dr wells spent a lot of time explainining and understanding my symptoms. Then Prescribed me medications for various typical dermatitis rashes. After three days of use the redness and itching went away.

August 10th, 2011
Spends 2 Mins with patients
Dr. Wells, you can spend 45 to 50 mins waiting for the doctor, but when you see Dr. Wells its for 2 or 3 mins, he hands you, your file and tells you to leave. Gave me some tube for the redness on my face and told me if this doesnt help i cannot help you. are you serious?? Awful experience, spend time and money for nothing. Please find yourself a real doctor.

February 20th, 2010
A GREAT DERMATOLOGIST!!!!!!
Dr. Wells has treated me, my wife and our autistic son for many years now. He is a truly marvelous dermatologist. Tremendous knowledge of his specialty field. Incredible doctor-patient rapport. Amazing patience and understanding when treating our son. Dr. Lawrence M. Wells may be the finest physician that I have ever had contact with.....in 61 years of living.

August 28th, 2009
Dr Lawrence Wells refused to give me diagnose information
In the consultation Dr Wells asked to point to my ail's and than he would write in his file and mumble to himself what the ail was. This was done very fast because he had a room full of patients, which I could understand. What I could not understand was that I asked him to write my ail's down on a piece of paper so I could do some research and he refuse to write down my ail's. In other words he refused to give me the information of my diagnose. I desided I did not want a second visit with this Dr. Wells who refused to give me a diagnose.