Dr. Lawrence Marino MD Patient Reviews

• Internal Medicine Howard Beach, NY

• Good
  • Bad

March 24th, 2016
The staff and facility were a pleasure to deal with.

February 10th, 2016
Very good Doctor. I liked him a lot. Very knowledgeable. Waited a little long but it was a Saturday and they squeezed me in but aside from that he didn't rush my appointment.

October 31st, 2015
Bluntly
I have read some of your post and some of you need to use spell check! LOL Honestly, I have been a patient of Dr. Marino for a year now and I must say I have been blessed. He listens to the root of the issue that I had and found a way to cure it and if he couldn't he sent me to the best of the best. Sometimes there is a wait but usually the girls keep me entertained, and time flies. I get a kick out of his typing skills. Dr Marino unfortunately doesn't have none. He does try his best. Since the turn over to Jamaica Hospital and their new Computer system which changes daily he had trouble navigating and Jamaica has a time schedule on each patient. Some patients over lap that time which enhance more wait time for others. Did you know when you call to make an appointment you are not speaking with the girls in the office but a call center that strictly makes appointments. Not the girls fault you receive appointments months later. All in all he is still a great doctor and cares for his patients and the girls are great also!

September 30th, 2015
Hunt and Peck.
Only go to this doctor if you're prepared to waste the entire day there.. or wait months to get the appointment! Then the wait for the doctor to hunt and peck at the keyboard, wasting your time speaking of the actual problem only to be belittled. Learn to either type efficiently or have a nurse do it!

March 29th, 2015
Dr. Marino is a very nice Doctor and was very helpful when speaking with him about some health issues I was having. The office was very clean. His office staff was very nice especially on of the girls who said she had worked with him for years. Dr. Marino had referred me to some specialist and She was nice enough to call and make my appointments for me. As far as my visit I was very satisfied. the only negative thing about the office is that it is also shared with pediatrics and even though they have a separate waiting area some parents were not watching their child/children and kids were running around in the waiting areas. Other than that it was a great expierence.

January 13th, 2015
I AM A NEW PATIENT OF DR. MARINO AND HAD MY FIRST VISIT WITH HIM THIS PAST WEEK. I HAD A GREAT EXPERIENCE NOT ONLY WITH THE DR. AND HIS STAFF. THE WAIT TIME WAS A LITTLE LONG BUT WAS WORTH IT. THE LAST REVIEW LEFT WAS NOT VERY NICE AT ALL AND I GUESS THEY FELT THE NEED TO NAME CALL TO MAKE THEM SELVES FEEL BETTER. I OBSERVED THE STAFF AS I WAS WAITING IN THE WAITING AREA AND SAW THAT THEY ARE FRIENDLY AND GREETED THERE PATIENTS AS THEY WALKED THRU THE DOOR. I SAW NO NASTINESS FROM ANYONE OF THE STAFF MEMBERS. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS DOCTOR!!!!!

October 25th, 2013
Changed
Been going to Dr MArino for years, back when he was a private practice....it was wonderful. Dr. Marino is a very caring doctor, and his staff of 1 who has been with him for years is wonderful. However, since he now works for Jamaica hospital, the feeling you get when youre in his office feels like the welfare office. You can sometimes wait 3 hours for your appointment. It's such a shame, because with the patientload that he now has, it is impossible for proper follow up and attention. I literally avoid going to the doctor as long as possible. With the exception of his assistant who has been with him for years, the rest of the front desk staff is unacceptable. They are rude at times, and they NEVER call you back and they put you on hold for 20 minutes at a time. I just cannot understand how this is allowed to go on. Dr. Marino is such a caring person, I just don't know why the almighty dollar should come first before his reputation and his long standing payients who love him.

September 4th, 2013
OFFICE STAFF AND VIST AND APPOINTMENT AND FOLLOWS UP
EXLECENT AND COURTEOUS STAFF, OFFICE AS WELL AS DR MARINO FOLLOWS UP AFTER VIST, I LILE TO THANK ALL AT THE OFFICE FOR THIER HELP

August 26th, 2013
sorry I'm finished
Dr marino is a good and caring doctor, but his staff are rude and nasty. The girls all they do play around , leave you on hold don't get back to you when you are the phone . Jamaica Hospital needs to hire a new staff including the nurses.

April 7th, 2013
GREAT DOC
Dr. Marino is great. He is kind, caring, and down to earth. He won't put you on medication unnecessarily like some doctors to make a buck. His staff is so sweet and answers all your questions. When you go into this office you don't just feel like a number, they know your name, and make you feel comfortable. Unfortunately because he is in high demand the wait at times may be long but well worth it. If you really can't wait try to schedule an appointment first thing in the morning. That works for me.

February 8th, 2013
Glad to find him
I am a new patient with Dr. Marino and was very satisfied with the Doctor and his staff. I was greeted as soon as I walked in the door even though the office was very busy. When my information was taken the receptionist was very discreet when asking me personal information and even came out of the office to return my card to me. as I sat in the waiting room I was observing the interaction with the Patients and Staff members. i did not find the staff rude at all. They were nice even when patients sat there complaing that they were waiting a while to see the other Doctors there. Dr. Marino in my opinion was very professional. The office I went to prior to seeing Dr. Marino was not as warm as his office. I would recommend anyone to see this Doctor.

July 26th, 2012
I do not agree with that negative review. Dr. Marino is a GREAT Doctor and is like a family member. I have Never experienced any of those comments made while sitting in the waiting room. Yes Dr. Marino is a very busy doctor which should tell you something!