Dr. Lawrence Matt, MD
Dermatologist (skin)

Some ratings provided by CitySearch. DrScore.
May 20th, 2015

My favorite Doctor! Intelligent, cultivated with great humor, I always leave happy and with tips on health and beauty. He also recognizes the cancers from the warts and treats accordingly.

Classical 1 show details Classical 1
Apr 3rd, 2015

Dr Matt has a refined aesthetic talent with the latest technological "machinery". Outcomes of all procedures have me appear natural yet improved, for over 6 years. He discovered and removed a facial carcinoma without leaving a scar, (another Dr left me with a permanent scar on my face which could have been handled in a more cosmetic way had he not rushed) Dr Matt is scrupulous and takes his time, he also gives free samples so that I don't have to invest in RXs unless I am pleased with results. Staff is also wonderful accommodates my last minute calls to get me in.

Nov 17th, 2014

Have been going to Dr. Matt for ten years - he's smart, attentive, and very professional.

by TJ on Aug 12th, 2013

Very patient and intelligent . Great bed side manners and he takes his time.

by lady of la on Jul 24th, 2013

The staff is kind and always makes appts that work with my last minute scheduling. Dr. Matt has for the last six years kept me beautiful and healthy. He found a skin cancer which was invisible to the eye. He takes time to listen and thus give personalized treatment.

Avoid Dr. Matt show details Avoid Dr. Matt
Jul 29th, 2012

If you have a skin issue, be prepared to visit Dr. Matt at least 3 times before it gets resolved. He NEVER solves the problem on the first visit and he will always send you home with bags of samples and unnecessary prescriptions - and he'll perform unnecessary procedures during your appointment which you'll learn about later when you get your bill. When you tell him what's wrong or if you ask any questions, he gives you this look like you're crazy or you're wasting his time. I've never experienced a more useless doctor.

Great Dermatologist show details Great Dermatologist
Jun 26th, 2012

Dr. Matt is an excellent representation of a well rounded health care provider. He provided/is providing me with excellent care during my laser hair removal; including his ability to explain and perform procedure with great detail (I could see great results after my first treatment with him). He is attentive in following up with me to assure that I was doing well post-procedure and is readily available regarding any questions/concerns I may have. And his bedside manner is immaculate!As far as cost goes, Dr. Matt's fees are reasonable and appropriate for the type of procedure being performed and considering the type of care and attentiveness you receive as one of his patient's you definitely get your money's worth and then some! His staff has been friendly and professional on every interaction I have had with them and they make you feel very comfortable and relaxed. I highly recommend seeking the services of Dr. Matt for you dermatological needs.

Kyle, patient of Dr. Matt's show details Kyle, patient of Dr. Matt's
Nov 9th, 2011

His staff was so personal and made sure everything you need to have in your charts was detailed for Dr. Matt when he comes in to see the patient. Dr. Matt is a very caring professional and he makes sure that the treatments his patients receive are communicated thoroughly and well understood by all parties involved. Thank you, Kyle

Jun 8th, 2011

This is the worst doctor I have ever been to. I got a rash on my arms from a trip to Thailand and went to see him about it. He told me I had some terrible disease (unrelated to my trip) which basically has no cure and told me the rash may or may not go away. He gave me NOTHING for it. I went to another doctor the next day and she said its probably an allergic reaction, she gave me some prescription cortizone, and it went away within a few days.Now, a year and a half later, his office just sent me a bill for $360 for his "services". Don't ever go to this doctor.. he will misdiagnose you and then charge you ridiculous amounts of money for it.

by mayav at Citysearch on Jun 8th, 2011 on citysearch.com

by mayav at Citysearch on Jun 8th, 2011 on citysearch.com

Dr. Matt is the worst doctor I have ever been to. I got a rash on my arms from a trip to Thailand and went to see him about it. He told me I had some terrible disease unrelated to my trip which basically has no cure and told me the rash may or may not go away. He gave me NOTHING for it. I went to another doctor the next day and she said its probably an allergic reaction, she gave me some prescription cortizone, and it went away within a few days.Now, a year and a half later, his office just sent me a bill for 360 for his \"services\". Don`t ever go to this doctor.. he will misdiagnose you and then charge you ridiculous amounts of money for it.

horrible show details horrible
by m on May 7th, 2010

do not go to this doctor for vein problems!

Great attention show details Great attention
Jul 16th, 2009

He spent time listening to my individual needs. He was creative in finding solutions. He spent the time to explain the diagnosis and treatment suggestions. He answered all of my questions. I would recommend him to a friend.

Lawrence H Matt, M.D. is an excellent doctor show details Lawrence H Matt, M.D. is an excellent doctor
by Citysearch User on Jul 16th, 2009 on insiderpages.com

Read Full Review at insiderpages.com
by Wka on Mar 23rd, 2009 on citysearch.com

Read Full Review at citysearch.com
Great Dermatologist. show details Great Dermatologist.
by Wka at Citysearch on Mar 23rd, 2009 on citysearch.com

Dr. Matt is a great doctor. I have been going to his office in Santa Monica since I was working on that side of the city, and now that I live on the other side of the city, I continue to trek over to Santa Monica to see the doctor. While I have insurance now, when I started seeing the doctor, I did not have insurance coverage, and he worked with me to develop the best plan for my skin that didn`t cost me a lot of money out of pocket. Now that I have insurance, I see the doctor monthly and have experienced great results on my skin. I often even see the dermatologist for minor skin things I used to see a general practitioner for. I would highly recommend Dr. Matt to anyone looking for a dermatologist for anything skin related.

Read Full Review at citysearch.com
at your peril show details at your peril
Aug 20th, 2008

misdiagnosis - easily picked up by non-specialist at a later date