Obstetrician & Gynecologist (OB/GYN)

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

3.0

|  show details
Feb 13th, 2013

Extremely thorough in his examinations, explanations and history. I found him to be patient and kind in dealing with my problems. I have never felt rushed, nor have I felt that the questions I asked were not relevant. I would definitely recommend him.

|  show details
Apr 1st, 2012

Overall, my experience was great. Dr. Norfleet was thorough, knowledgable, respectful and empowering to my finding a solution that worked for me, and was not neglegant of my concerns. He was factual, clinical. Once it came time for my procedure I was well prepared, and he treated me with a lot of care and was comforting to my nervousness going into the OR. I did not have my hysterectomy pushed on me, rather it was an option that after much research and consideration I felt was absolutely best for me. After being frustrated by several guesses from other docs, it was refreshing to see him collecting a thorough history, without telling me, it could be a long list of things...he didn't make any indications until he had seen diagnostics, and when those didn't give us answers, he still only presented facts, information, and options. I asked if he thought it could be the illusive and difficult to diagnose endometriosis I'd read up on, and he still only indicated fact to me, that to diagnose it we would have to do surgery. He encouraged me to learn more about my options rather than just encouraging me to have a hysterectomy. I had many concerns of hormonal treatments most commonly uneffective, on top of my ever fluctuating and increasing HBP...and he did not dismiss this as other's I'd seen. He answered ALL of my questions with care and accuracy. I did chose after much research, and having questions answered, to have a laprascopic supra-cervical hysterectomy to which he prepared me for very precisely, and I am very pleased with my results, with his demeanor and skill. His office staff is AMAZING, and so is he...he has been accused of being arrogant by some other's I know have seen him...however what I observed in him is CONFIDENCE WHICH COMES FROM EXPERIENCE AND KNOWING FACTS, AND SKILL BEING WELL DEVELOPED SURGICALY...THIS IS NOT ARROGANCE. HE CAN SEEM TO BE "DRY AND CLINICAL" AT FIRST HOWEVER ONCE YOU'VE WORKED WITH HIM YOU WILL SEE THAT IN THE MOMENT'S IT COUNTS HE IS TRULY CARING AND SENSITIVE, AND THAT IS WHEN YOU GET TO SEE A DIFFERENT SIDE OF HIM. YOU MUST KNOW TO ASK QUESTIONS AS YOU SHOULD OF ALL DOCS...HE IS NOT THE TYPE TO JAM A BUNCH OF INFO YOU DON'T NEED INTO A CONSULT, RATHER HE WILL MEET YOU WHERE YOU TELL HIM YOUR NEEDS ARE BY LINE OF QUESTIONS...THIS IS ACTUALLY A VERY GOOD WAY OF COUNSELING PATIENTS (I work with women myself, providing counseling of a different but related need)

|  Okay Dr.  |  show details
May 31st, 2010

I think Dr. Norfleet is acceptable and knowledgeable, but I did not feel like we were really on the same page as far as woman's health goes. I am into natural birth control and he didn't seem very supportive. He also suggested a surgery or hormone treatment for my endometriosis - I no longer agree with hormones after having horrible effects from the birth control pill, and my symptoms would come back in a year with the surgery. Then I found out that accupuncture is a great natural alternative, but I had to find that out after doing my own research. Dr. Norfleet did however call me and personally checked up on me after my appointment with him.

|  Does not like overweight people  |  show details
by Candi Riccardelli on Jan 24th, 2010

Dr. Norfleet got very rude with me because I was overweight. He did not hesitate to make me feel he didn't like working on people who were overweight.