Dr. Lawrence Poree MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.9

July 28th, 2016
Poor pain control and inadequate anesthesia
Non adequate sedation. Felt everything , including incision, scar tissue removal, stitches. Extremely painful. Sedated enough to not be able to tell him to stop or remove myself from the situation but able to feel pain, squeeze the tables my arms were tied to, moan and groan and lightly cry out. I am needing another implant surgery that would greatly help with pain but I will go without if it means Dr Poree would be doing the surgery. This surgery would be more intensive and I have no intentions of being awake enough to feel this torture. I'm guessing Dr Poree has never had surgery himself

May 18th, 2016
Good Doc

April 14th, 2016
Don't Do It!!
The worst experience of my life!! Dr. Poree is horrible! Same w/his partners. I have chronic pain in my lumbar spine from years of being a world class gymnast, as well as cervical spine pain from my years as an equestrian, (had a BAD fall once). I would NEVER go back to this house of horrors again!! I have dry, bulging discs in both my lumbar and cervical spine. I was laid on a table while Dr. Poree did an epidural right up my tailbone. It was thee most painful thing I've been through aside from childbirth. His assistant asked him if I needed a 're-do' due to the very hard time he was having during the procedure. His swift response was, "NO". I am permanently injured from the injection, and neither doctor would even speak to me again after the botched injection. Not even a follow up visit. I believe they are out of business, as the phone number is invalid. Two HUGE thumbs down! I couldn't rest my lower back against anything, or sit directly on my heiny for over a year because of them!

March 26th, 2015
Registered nurse for 30 years
Have no other choice but to see him ! otherwise I would Not!

March 9th, 2014
You will not find anyone more inteligent
I have been seeing Dr.Poree for over 6+ yrs. It is true ,too many people make for a long wait and somewhat rushed appointment. However ,most people forget, it is not he ,who determines what you will receive in care ,for the most part ,it's your insurance company. This man has helped me to no end ,even doing things that he may not get paid for ,big$$ ! So ,to me , his help as well as his unreal accreditation, has been an invaluable tool . If you are TRULY in pain , he would be the ONE to find a solution. I find ,despite some minor impositions, that, he does care ,he does want the best for you ,and will go to bat for you at the drop of a hat ! Keeper !

February 3rd, 2014
patient
He's rarely on time and his staff is disorganized adding to the confusion and delay of my appts. He doesn't listen, but has a one track mind being quick to prescribe opiates repeatedly without discussion of possible alternate therapies. My last appt took 1.75 hrs and that is not unusual. I constantly have to ask questions to get info about my meds/treatments. I am looking forward ending my treatment with him very soon. I would recommend him because he is very knowledgeable. Just be prepared to ask questions and spend a lot of time at his office.

October 10th, 2013
Avoid at all costs
I regret having gone to this doctor for care as he did me far more harm than good. He didn't listen to me during a procedure and gave me a cortisone injection in the wrong location after becoming impatient that we couldn't find the correct location. My pain level went from a 3 to a 7 to 10 after this procedure. He did not show any human warmth or concern when this happened despite the fact that it greatly interfered with my quality of life. In fact, his first was response was to say that he had nothing to offer in the form of a solution. In addition, I had to call his office repeatedly to get a response from him when I had a severe systemic reaction to the cortisone shot. The front office told me that there was a 48 hour response time on ALL calls, regardless of whether or not it was an emergency and he didn't even get back to me within that time frame. He had to be texted at home after that time frame expired and I begged for help! In addition, he is rude to his staff. I observed that he ordered them around without ever saying please and thank you. The office is in violation of statutory requirements by failing to respond to refill requests from my pharmacy and they still haven't gotten me the medical records I requested one month ago despite repeated requests and promises that they would be coming. I am in the process of filing a complaint with the medical board. I have never received such poor treatment, and at a time when I needed effective, caring treatment the most. Please save yourself the grief of going to this doctor.

July 8th, 2013
Dr. Poree is very busy and has too many offices and crams too many patients in on the days he is in any particular office.I have been a patient for 6 yrs. I see him at the Aptos office, usually have to wait between 30-60 min. He does, however, give me the time and help that I need. He's not very good 1 on 1, but sure is knowledgable and that's what's important to me. I wouldn't change dr's for anything.

June 17th, 2013
too bad he doesn't seem to like people..
IF ONLY Dr. Poree was as kind as he is a talented. Especially frustrating with a PAIN specialist!!!! AVERAGE wait was well over an hour, plus the extra 15 mins, to fill out an idiotic form (pain level..1 - 10) that they OBVIOUSLY don't even look at! With back pain a specialty, you'd think he would understand the pain involved in sitting in uncomfortable chairs so long, you don't even remember why you came.. all you can think about is how much it hurts to keep waiting and waiting.. I HAD to quit him, despite the fact that he was the ONLY one to properly diagnose my problem. How bad does THAT suck??!!

June 3rd, 2012
AVOID THIS DOCTOR -- UNETHICAL
This doctor is rude, inconsiderate, uncaring and unprofessional. He cares nothing for the patient: He only cares about billing and collecting fees. His in-take and assessment process take so long that I was without medication and in high-level pain for months. I found his treatment of me to be, in a word, unethical.