Dr. Lawrence Prabhakar Is this you?

March 23rd, 2016

Patient

Dr Prabhakar is a very kind, gentle, caring doctor who has great attitude willing to teach his patients in ways we can all understand. I respect Dr Prabhakar highly and when an issue comes up that needs to be discussed he kindly talks with you by hearing your side also. We need more doctors like him who is devoted to caring about his patient as a whole. I have had the pleasure of having Dr Prabhakar for a surgeon going on for 14 years. He does know what he is doing and he works with patience and diligence. Too many people want a quick like fix and that is not always best when dealing with the colon. He is honest and if you have questions he always ALWAYS will explain if he knows the answer. I've never been left without an answer being discussed. He is he is compassionate, down to earth and professional. Dr Prabhakar is humble also and will tell you if he is not sure of something. I'm honored to have a doctor who thinks things through and makes the best less evasive decisions/procedures first before declining your quality of life. His goal truly is to improve your life. He is not quick to judge. He apologizes if he has been in the wrong or misunderstood. He is human just like you an I. You don't have to be afraid or embarrassed to open up. He is not a mind reader and doesn't know how you feel unless you are transparent with him. Honesty is always the way to be and that's all I know I've been and so has Dr Prabhakar been also. He walks with integrity and truly does care for his patients. He also is patient, understanding and a great bedside manner whether in the office or your hospital bed or even a middle of the night call back. I'm blessed to have him on my team of doctors. Thank you very much doc!!!

October 29th, 2014

Dr. Prabacker saved my life. I had stage 4 colon cancer. Most people don't live longer than 4 or 5 yrs. after diagonis. I have neen cancer free for 11 yrs. I owe it all to Dr. Prabhakar!

October 16th, 2012

disappointing

had reviewed Prabhaker's medical school,residency and fellowship and coming from an environment like Mayo I thought the office would be more professional and well run. Front desk was polite and courteous, we were able to get an appointment right away, however the exam was very minimal and from their the experience went quickly down hill. Was informed the condition was more of a time bomb and would like to have surgery done in less than 2 wks and tentative date given. were told it could not be confirmed until the following business day and we would be notified the following business day. We did not hear from the office,so on business day 3 I called to verify. I was transfered to the scheduler who was extrememly rude. Stated there were people before my husband that needed to be scheduled first and this takes time and that it was being worked on but I couldnt expect to hear so soon. Tried explaining that we were told it was more of a "time bomb" and should be handled right away, but scheduler began arguing and stated she had talked to DR. who said this can wait. I thought the doctor needed to call the patient himself and explain as what was said in office was different than what scheduler was stating. She said she would give Probhakar the message but we never heard from him just another scheduler a week later saying the surgery was scheduled for 2 months down the road. No explanation, no return call from doctor no apology. poor customer service, poor communication, very disappointed. Fortunately their are good surgeons who not only have reputable training but also are affiliated with a professional office, professional staff and communicate well not only amongst themselves in office but also with their customers (who are paying to be treated)

January 25th, 2017