A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Lawrence Shapiro:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Lawrence Shapiro is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Lawrence Shapiro, MD is board certified in Clinical Cytogenetic, Clinical Genetics (M.D.), and Pediatrics.
- He has special expertise in 12 areas:
- Chromosome Aberrations
- Chromosome Disorders
- Congenital Heart Defects
- Developmental Disorders
- Diseases in Twins
- Down Syndrome
- Fetal Diseases
- Fragile X Syndrome
- Mental Retardation
- Sex Chromosome Aberrations
- Skin Abnormalities
- Turner Syndrome
Education & Awards
Dr. Shapiro graduated from New York University. He has 5 awards.
Dr. Shapiro has 22 hospital affiliations:
- Danbury Hospital
- St. Luke's Cornwall Hosptal- Newburgh Campus
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Lawrence R Shapiro MD is a male Medical Geneticist, has 49 years of experience and practices in Pediatrics, Clinical Cytogenetic, Clinical Genetics, and M.D..
- Where does Dr. Lawrence R. Shapiro practice?
- Dr. Lawrence Shapiro has 3 office locations.
Dr. Lawrence Shapiro practices Pediatrics, Clinical Cytogenetic, Clinical Genetics, and M.D. near Valhalla, NY.
Additional practice locations include: Suffern, NY and Hawthorne, NY.
See Valhalla Pediatricians and Valhalla Geneticists.