A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Lawrence Shapiro:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Lawrence Shapiro is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Shapiro
Severe Persistent Asthma Patient Education Our severe persistent asthma patient education guide explains causes and treatment options for relief of asthma symptoms.Before Visiting Dr. Shapiro Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Lawrence Shapiro, MD is board certified in Clinical Cytogenetic, Clinical Genetics (M.D.), and Pediatrics.
- He has special expertise in 12 areas:
- Chromosome Aberrations
- Chromosome Disorders
- Congenital Heart Defects
- Developmental Disorders
- Diseases in Twins
- Down Syndrome
- Fetal Diseases
- Fragile X Syndrome
- Mental Retardation
- Sex Chromosome Aberrations
- Skin Abnormalities
- Turner Syndrome
Education & Awards
Dr. Shapiro graduated from New York University. He has 5 awards.
Dr. Shapiro has 22 hospital affiliations:
- St. Luke's Cornwall Hosptal- Newburgh Campus
- St. Luke's Cornwall Hosptal- Cornwall Campus
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Lawrence R Shapiro MD is a male Medical Geneticist, has 49 years of experience and practices in Pediatrics, Clinical Cytogenetic, Clinical Genetics, and M.D..
- Where does Dr. Lawrence R. Shapiro practice?
- Dr. Lawrence Shapiro has 4 office locations.
Dr. Lawrence Shapiro practices Pediatrics, Clinical Cytogenetic, Clinical Genetics, and M.D. near Valhalla, NY.
Additional practice locations include: Middletown, NY and Suffern, NY.
See Valhalla Pediatricians and Valhalla Geneticists.