Anesthesiologist (pain control), Neurological Surgeons, Physiatrist (physical, rehabilitation)
Video profile
7650 Dixie Hwy
Ste 140
Clarkston, MI 48346
248-620-9310
Locations and availability (4)

3.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Outstanding  |  show details
by Tom W on Aug 22nd, 2013

Dr. Rapp treated my wife for a disk issue she suffered all her 43 years from a disk issue. He was attentive to her pain all the way and eased it at every pass. He is very honest and takes the time to tell you everything he is going to do what the risks are and what to expect. Then everything was expertly done in every step. His treatment is unique and he was one of the pioneers in the methods used. The surgery was accurate as projected, fairly fast actually, and permanent. Then the recovery was absolutely, remarkably fast. This was 10 years ago, and she is still kicking well. He is not just an excellent Doctor and Surgeon; he is the top bar none. I always recommend him for surgery and would have him do mine if ever needed. He has a nice staff, certainly being this good, he is in huge demand, and any good Doctor is tough to get in with so don’t let that hinder you, it will be worth it.

|  THE GREAT ONE  |  show details
Nov 19th, 2012

I WAS A PATIENT ON DR. L RAPP, FOR MANY YRS. HE HAS A GREAT BED SIDE MANNER AND HE IS VERY CARING. I WOULD REFER ANYONE TO THIS DR. RAPP. I EVEN REQUESTED 2 OF MY AUNTS TO HIM. WHICH THEY BOTH LOVE HIM!

|  Debra Hemak car accident victim  |  show details
Feb 7th, 2011

I have known Dr. Rapp since he has been doing surgery. He is a wonderful caring Person as well as being an excellent Doctor. I do not have enough good things to say about Him.

|  A very conscientious surgeon  |  show details
Jan 28th, 2011

Most surgeons have the reputation of just wanting to do surgery. Dr. Rapp spent a lot of time with me and we tried a lot of non invasive options before finally doing neck surgery.By other surgeons I need lower back surgery but again Dr. Rapp has sent me to physical therapy, for cortisone shots, etc. trying to put off back surgery and I've been functional as a result. His premise, the longer you can wait for surgery (and thus the older you are) the better chance you'll have of only needing one surgery or at most two. Do surgery at 40 when your marginal and best case you'll probably be doing it again by 60 and again by ?. So if there are other options and you can tolerate them he tries to provide that guidance. After the body can only take so many surgeries. I think this is amazing considering the fact that he does not benefit at all financially if he's sending you some where else for PT or a shot and not doing surgery.For those who rated him low maybe they didn't like the fact that he wanted to look at all the options and what's best for the long term health of a patient. A lot of folks think surgery is a quick fix and don't like it when the surgeon doesn't want to go right to it. Guess what, it's not a quick fix, it's not even a guarantee. So why not go to a Surgeon like Dr. Rapp that wants to start with less invasive approaches to help the patient have a better outcome over the length of their life. If my 7 year daughter needed surgery I wouldn't consider any one else.

|  Not worth the bother!  |  show details
Dec 17th, 2010

They told me the Dr. could not make my appt. Have to come back 5 hours later. Seemed rushed and lacked interest! Wasn't interested in making a diagnoses!! Altough he did try to talk me into a pain block implant? I prefer to know what is causing the pain, thanks just the same!

|  Overbooked  |  show details
Sep 24th, 2010

Doesn't like to listen to patient concern. Wouldn't transfer my patient files to another doctor (that left the clinic)and threatened to sue the doctor I would have preferred. On surgery day, changed time of surgery from 11 a.m. to 9 a.m. and then didn't take me to surgery until 5 P.M.

|  rude doctor  |  show details
Dec 9th, 2008

This doctor has a real attitude - extremely insensitive. I wouldn't see this doctor if he was the only one left to see for my medical care.

|  Excellent Doctor and surgeon  |  show details
Dec 4th, 2008

He is an excellent Doctor and Surgeon.He also is very honest.He explains everything from top to bottom.The risks and what to expect, the whole surgery process and what he will be doing. I will definatley recommend him for surgery and will do mine again if ever needed.He also has a very nice staff,and that means a lot also.