Dr. Lawrence Rapp MD Patient Reviews

• Neurological Surgery Clarkston, MI

September 8th, 2016
Best in the field. Has fixed botched surgery on my brother in law. 6 fusions on me.
Dr. Rapp fixes the worse of the worse. I would NEVER let any other neurosurgeon touch me.

August 12th, 2016
Do not make an appointment with this doctor!!!!!!
Do not recommend this doctor at all. On the day of my appointment I called because the number on all web sites was not the correct number to reach Dr. Rapp's office. Because the phone number was incorrect I wanted to make sure the address was correct. When I finally reached the office (took two hours because they were at lunch) I was told in a very unprofessional manner that I did not have an appointment for that day and for that matter any day. I said "Well I have the paperwork that was sent to me to fill out the day I made the appointment." Again, no apologies, unprofessional. I was told I could schedule an appointment sometime six weeks later. I am very disappointed in how I was treated by Dr. Rapp's staff. I work in a clinical service environment. If I ever treated anyone like I was treated I would not have a job!

November 24th, 2015
the best dr ever
He saved my life. I could not take care of my self or my children because of the damage done from a car accident. I can now live a full life and my children have there mom back to raise them . I've never meet a dr. That cares so deeply about giving the best treatment possible.

October 22nd, 2015
Excellent bedside manner, wonderful surgeon

October 18th, 2015
still in pain
A year after a lumbar fusion have worse pain and in MORE places. Wish I had never done this surgery. Life is miserable. Wait weeks for appts and the an hour to see the doctor.

August 2nd, 2014
Highly Skilled Surgeon
My pain level is low and I have been able to function well for the past 6 years now due to Dr. Rapp. He performed successful surgeries on my cervical spine by implanting titanium inserts C3-C6, on my lumbar spine he fused L2-L5 by removing prior inserts and replacing with bone, he also implanted an intrathecal pain pump, and completed carpal tunnel operations on my hands. He performed these operations with exceptional skill and without causing collateral damage. I recommend him to anyone and I will definitely turn to him again if I need additional surgeries. Although I am not very religious I thank God that he was available to help me and others to escape horrific pain. I feel it is important to give this comment, so that a true balanced view of this doctor's abilities is provided to others so they can make an informed decision, for their own treatment. But please remember not to expect miracles since a doctor can only work within the limits of a patient’s pre-existing conditions.

May 1st, 2014
Botched back surgery - think twice!!
Because of the surgery Dr. Rapp did 12 yrs ago, & botched (lower laminectomy w/fusion in back), my life has changed for the worse, forever! The surgery took 3 times as long as scheduled and when I woke up, I was in excruciating pain and was told I was given all the pain meds allowed. A few day hospital stay turned in to 10 when the pain could not be managed. Come to find out, he severed a nerve during the surgery, which over time has resulted in the loss of use of my leg. I have been suffering with chronic pain for 12 years and can no longer participate in the activities I once loved - working out, riding my motorcycle, simply walking and enjoying family activities like bike riding, walking to the park, etc. Dr. Rapp stole my life, almost literally! If you value your life and lively hood, DON'T use Dr. Rapp!!!!!!!

April 30th, 2014
Two cervial spine surgires
Dr. Rapp worked with me for a couple of years trying to find a pain reduction approach to my cervical . Finally he suggested surgery, carefully explaining why he felt it was necessary, what it would entail, the risks, and the expected outcome. The first surgery was extremely successful, with full recovery expected. However, I was involved in a rear impact crash shortly after returning to work. Dr. Rapp ordered the necessary diagnostic tests, and decided that a second surgery was necessary. During the second surgery, he found significant injuries that had not shown up on the xrays and MRI's that extended the surgery by several hours. He operated on my for over 8 hours -- all on a broken foot. Dr. Rapp is direct in his approach, providing the details behind your case and the basis for his recommendations. He listens carefully to me, and worked with me for a mutually-agreed upon plan. I highly recommend him for anyone having spine difficulties. I have complete faith and trust in him.

August 22nd, 2013
Outstanding
Dr. Rapp treated my wife for a disk issue she suffered all her 43 years from a disk issue. He was attentive to her pain all the way and eased it at every pass. He is very honest and takes the time to tell you everything he is going to do what the risks are and what to expect. Then everything was expertly done in every step. His treatment is unique and he was one of the pioneers in the methods used. The surgery was accurate as projected, fairly fast actually, and permanent. Then the recovery was absolutely, remarkably fast. This was 10 years ago, and she is still kicking well. He is not just an excellent Doctor and Surgeon; he is the top bar none. I always recommend him for surgery and would have him do mine if ever needed. He has a nice staff, certainly being this good, he is in huge demand, and any good Doctor is tough to get in with so don’t let that hinder you, it will be worth it.

November 19th, 2012
THE GREAT ONE
I WAS A PATIENT ON DR. L RAPP, FOR MANY YRS. HE HAS A GREAT BED SIDE MANNER AND HE IS VERY CARING. I WOULD REFER ANYONE TO THIS DR. RAPP. I EVEN REQUESTED 2 OF MY AUNTS TO HIM. WHICH THEY BOTH LOVE HIM!

February 7th, 2011
Debra Hemak car accident victim
I have known Dr. Rapp since he has been doing surgery. He is a wonderful caring Person as well as being an excellent Doctor. I do not have enough good things to say about Him.

January 28th, 2011
A very conscientious surgeon
Most surgeons have the reputation of just wanting to do surgery. Dr. Rapp spent a lot of time with me and we tried a lot of non invasive options before finally doing neck surgery.By other surgeons I need lower back surgery but again Dr. Rapp has sent me to physical therapy, for cortisone shots, etc. trying to put off back surgery and I've been functional as a result. His premise, the longer you can wait for surgery (and thus the older you are) the better chance you'll have of only needing one surgery or at most two. Do surgery at 40 when your marginal and best case you'll probably be doing it again by 60 and again by ?. So if there are other options and you can tolerate them he tries to provide that guidance. After the body can only take so many surgeries. I think this is amazing considering the fact that he does not benefit at all financially if he's sending you some where else for PT or a shot and not doing surgery.For those who rated him low maybe they didn't like the fact that he wanted to look at all the options and what's best for the long term health of a patient. A lot of folks think surgery is a quick fix and don't like it when the surgeon doesn't want to go right to it. Guess what, it's not a quick fix, it's not even a guarantee. So why not go to a Surgeon like Dr. Rapp that wants to start with less invasive approaches to help the patient have a better outcome over the length of their life. If my 7 year daughter needed surgery I wouldn't consider any one else.