Neurologists
Stanford Hospital and Clinics
300 Pasteur Dr
Stanford, CA 94305
650-725-8630
Locations and availability (3)

3.0

|  ONGOING RELATIONSHIP IN TRUST  |  show details
Dec 15th, 2010

I've been a patient of Dr.Recht's for almost 6 yrs now. Anyone with any kind of cancer or brain tumor knows that time is always an amazement. It means he's helping me do something right to still be here. We got off to a rocky start but over the yrs I have come to trust his judgment and expertise. Medicine isn't an exact science and he knows this. But once you get to know him, Dr.Recht is a wonderful and caring person. I value his feedback and look into my future with him in it.

|  how good does a neuro onc have to be to be called good  |  show details
by anonymous person with too much to do to identify myself on Dec 28th, 2009

The answer is so good that few would earn that label. Lawrence Recht is considered about his opinions. He allows the patient to live unfettered as long as possible, yet is aware of the tradeoffs. There is no cure for malignant brain tumors, but there can be years, even a decade, even multiple decades before the tumor or something else altogether takes us out. Lawrence Recht understands that and is no cowboy. He is so considered and thoughtful about his actions, that it is often hard for him to put his decisions into words. This is my hope, anyway. I trust him and am betting my life on his judgement. He would be shocked to know that I am writing this, because he always feels challenged by me. I don't really know why that is. Having brain cancer is a tough slog. Doctoring brain cancer is a tough slog. Put the two together and you may not have a match made in heaven, but you may have one that is capable of squeezing the best out of life that is left to enjoy. I know this one thing: I am lucky to have him as my doctor, and if you have brain cancer, you should probably give him a go.

|  show details
Oct 31st, 2009

The entire staff who works with Dr. Recht is very warm and caring