A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Lawrence Root:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Lawrence Root is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Root
Alzheimer's Patient Education Alzheimer's disease information and patient education guide to memory loss symptoms, diagnosis and treatment.Before Visiting Dr. Root Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Lawrence Root, MD is board certified in Psychiatry.
- He has special expertise in 8 areas:
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
Education & Awards
Dr. Root graduated from The University of Texas Southwestern, Dallas.
Dr. Root has 2 hospital affiliations:
- CHRISTUS St. Joseph Hospital
- St. Joseph Medical Center
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Lawrence G Root MD is a male Geriatic Psychiatrist, has 36 years of experience and practices in Psychiatry and Geriatric Psychiatry.
- Where does Dr. Lawrence G. Root practice?
- Dr. Lawrence Root has 1 office location.
Dr. Lawrence Root practices Psychiatry and Geriatric Psychiatry near Houston, TX.
See Houston Psychiatrists and Houston Geriatric Doctors.