A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Lawrence Root:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Lawrence Root is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Root
Rheumatoid Arthritis Patient Education Learn all about RA and various treatments and medications with Vitals rhuematoid arthritis patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Root Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Lawrence Root, MD is board certified in Psychiatry.
- He has special expertise in 8 areas:
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
Education & Awards
Dr. Root graduated from The University of Texas Southwestern, Dallas.
Dr. Root has 2 hospital affiliations:
- CHRISTUS St. Joseph Hospital
- St. Joseph Medical Center
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Lawrence G Root MD is a male Geriatic Psychiatrist, has 37 years of experience and practices in Psychiatry and Geriatric Psychiatry.
- Where does Dr. Lawrence G. Root practice?
- Dr. Lawrence Root has 1 office location.
Dr. Lawrence Root practices Psychiatry and Geriatric Psychiatry near Houston, TX.
See Houston Psychiatrists and Houston Geriatric Doctors.