Dr. Lawrence Shin MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.8

December 13th, 2015
Lawrence Shin is a name that we associate with the devil.
Run fast and far from this doctor. He is the worst.

December 9th, 2015
Dr. Shin is always late sometimes as much as 2hours I was there and one person had waited 3hours I don,t know why because he never spends much time with you when it is your turn. I will never go back to see him ever again!

June 25th, 2015
DR .SHIN YOUR THE BEST!

April 9th, 2015
A 2 hour wait for a 5 minute appt. is totally unacceptable-common occurrence.

August 7th, 2014
have left 2 messages on voice mail after 7 rings - no one called me back to make appointment. Extremely un- professional.

April 16th, 2014
Dr. Shin is the best Dr. I have ever been treated by. He treated my son and I with multiple fusions and reconstruction of our spines. He is dedicated and passionate about his work and very accurate with his diagnosis. He has an excellent staff and especially his Office Manager, Gina. They are as dedicated as Dr. Shin and very thorough with answering any questions and they always follow-up with his patients. I highly recommend Dr, Shin, as he knows his stuff!!

February 21st, 2014
My Mom loves Dr. Shin
My mother saw Dr Shin for back pain that was caused by a fractured bone in her spine. Dr Shin did minor surgery and injected cement into her spine that made her bone strong again. She came into the emergency room by ambulance and left the hospital walking on her own two feet. Dr Shin was very patient with my mother and explained everything and made her feel safe.

January 18th, 2014
Good Information
My visit with Dr. Shin was very informative. I truly understand my neck condition and am confident in the treatment outlined by Dr. Shin.

July 28th, 2013
It's so good to be out of pain!
I have had treatment for back pain traveling down to my left foot. For years, my pain has been managable with anti-inflamatory medications and therapy, but finally this spring it got worse. My chiropractor recommended Dr Shin, who made the diagnosis of lumbar radiculopathy. He said that since there was no evidence of permanent nerve damage, I did not need to have immediate surgery. He referred me for epidural cortisone injections. The injections worked well for about a month each, but every time the pain returned. Eventually, I ended up having surgery, and now I am feeling better than ever. I am even helping my husband with his vegetable garden! I am very grateful to Dr. Shin and have recommended him to my friends.

October 14th, 2012
Most courteous doctor.
Took my teenage daughter to him for nagging back pain in L5 area that has not responded to treatment for 5 months. He reviewed and went over all her hospital tests, answered all our questions, showed us spots on the MRI and CT scan he was focusing in on. I was extremely impressed with his pleasant demeanor and the time he took with us. My daughter does not require surgery (thank goodness) but we will return to him for follow up in the future.

October 10th, 2012
Ask a nurse
Dr. Shin is one of the best surgeons I know. I am a nurse who has worked with various surgeons and have been taking care of patients for over 13 years. He hasperformed treatments and surgeries on my friends as well as my mother. He is honest, nice, informative and does not make you feel rushed. My mom is very happy with her results.

October 8th, 2012
Feeling great
I had surgery six weeks ago for instability of my lower back. Dr. Shin did minimally invasive surgery through a tube they had placed on the side of my abdomen. I went home the morning after surgery and now I am back at work and am going to the gym.