Dr. Lawrence Spetka MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

September 19th, 2016
Excellent
Very expert service, diagnosed, operated and have been great ever since!

November 5th, 2015
I cannot say enough about how well Dr. Spetka and his staff have taken care of me. My back has been taken care of and i am so pleased with my care I have recieved.

February 10th, 2015
No hesitation to recommend Dr. Spetka
Dr. Spetka and the entire staff made my procedure and care as efficient and comfortable as possible. I was pleasantly surprised at how quickly surgery was scheduled. Next steps and expectations were well explained and accurate.

February 8th, 2015
Dr. Spetka was very kind and caring. He listens to my concerns and addresses my needs.

January 3rd, 2014
Great doctor
I had terrible pain and no one seemed to know why. After spending time talking with me and actually examining me he looked at my MRI. I had seen another neurosurgeon in town who just looked at my MRI and said there was nothing to do. Dr Spetka said I needed another test based on my exam and that test did show my problem which he then fixed. He was a very caring and thorough in his exam. Spent time explaining my problem and gave me options. I can't recommend him enough!

December 11th, 2013
wonderful doctor
I was in so much pain when i went to see dr.spetka. he did a mylogram that showed a problem that the mri missed and then performed a lumbar fusion on me. I was scared but i feel so much better. its been about 6 weeks since the surgery and i feel pretty good most of my pain is gone. i will never be what i was at 20, but i am able to do everyday activities that i couldnt before going to see him. good luck to anyone reading this!

May 3rd, 2012
FD - Perrysburg
Would strongly recommend Dr. Spetka. I had a debilitating and persistent disk and arthriric problem in my lumbar spine.Post-surgical experience has been great. Could not walk more then a few yards before without severe pain. Am now able to do 45 min. on treadmill at pace without any significant discomfort. Did about all you could ask of a surgeon, given my age and pre-existing condition.Prior to my initial meeting with him I was advised that his bed-side manner was not great, a little irascible in fact but, found him to be good to comunicate with, if somewhat abrupt.

May 9th, 2011
Continued care....
Dr. Spetka has helped me over the past several years with my back pain. I am very happy to have gotten him as my back surgeon. Couldn't ask for a better doctor!

January 12th, 2011
Love Dr. Spetka
Dr. Spetka saved my husband's life. We continue to see him every three months after my husband's MRI's. He genuinely cares for my husband's well being. Plus he has considerable knowledge about his field. I would never want another neurosurgeon, Dr. Spetka is the best!

January 11th, 2011
The Family Surgeon
It started with me, I had pain in my leg and back, went to the ER on a Thursday morning, but by Thursday afternoon it was worse and I couldn't walk at all, was able to see Dr. Spetka the same day, who knew almost immediately just by lifting my leg what was wrong. I was admitted into the hospital that evening, had an MRI the next morning confirming what Dr. Spetka had suspected, and was "fit" into his surgery schedule for the following Monday. I can't say enough about his care throughout this whole ordeal. My mother was having some back pain approx 6 months later, and although hers was different, his office was super quick to get her in, and then into surgery as well. I finally decided I needed to write in because approx another year later, my stepmother is having so much back pain she is not able to walk, lay down, stand etc. Once again, I referred her to Dr. Spetka and asked for help in getting her help. She was seen within a week, and although her case is very complicated, she is now going for surgery this week, and she too is beyond words for Dr. Spetka's willingness to go above and beyond to help. He is our family surgeon and we are very happy to have him as such.

January 11th, 2011
Saved my life!
I was having pain so bad I couldn't walk, Dr Spetka not only worked me into his office he did surgery on his day off!!!

October 8th, 2009
Helped When No One Else Would
My wife had already had 2 neck fusions and her symptoms were never relieved after the second surgery. Her neurosurgeon told her there was nothing more he could do. I posted her symptoms and story on a forum on the internet and Dr Spetka saw it and sent me an email. He had me send him the copies of her MRIs and reviewed them for free. When that didn't reveal anything he brought her in for a myelogram which showed a ruptured disk that did not show up on the MRIs. This was on a Wednesday. He scheduled her for surgery the following Saturday. When we went in for the surgery we found out this was his day off and he had come in for my wife's surgey! When she came out of the surgery her symptoms were gone! We can never thank Dr Spetka enough!!