Dr. Lawrence Stein Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Lawrence Stein?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

April 25th, 2016

Stellar Medical Professional

Outstanding and compassionate medical care! Up to date on medical developments, remembers patient's details/symptoms. Meticulous and thorough examination for every visit. Again, a truly outstanding physician

January 13th, 2015

5 star care!

Dr. Stein has been working with my stubborn, chronic cough for some time. He has always been attentive to my needs as a patient and has made every attempt in the beginning and throughout our treatment to both reassure and calm my fears, since I had been terrified that the cough may be caused by some thing more sinister. His quality of care is excellent and he has a great personality and sense of humor one does not always find in a doctor of his tenure. What is most important to me ad a patient is that Stein has never failed to provide me with care far superior to my PCP/Internist, or previous Pulmonary physicians. I received the diagnosis of GERD from a previous pulmonary physician after a 15 minute exam and pulmonary function test. After nearly two agonizing months of treatment fromantic the unmentionable doctor, I was still coughing to the point of nearly vomiting. In addition to this horrible experience, I was also losing between 3 to 4 hours of sleep from a misdiagnosed cause of my cough. This went on for the two months that I was under their care. I found the VA Pulmonary Associates and was scheduled an appointment with Dr. Stein. It took him 20 minutes to diagnose what my previous doctor failed to do, and placed me on a regimen of asthma medicine and treated me for rhinitis and in doing so was able to control the cough. It has been a long road of tests, trial and error, but I am breathing and physically functioning much better since being under his care. It has been nearly 4 months and my cough is under control with the right formula of medications and I feel that we are finally close to eliminating it for good. Dr. Stein is a true problem solver, a very rare quality in physicians. Most of time, as was in my experience prior, they throw the patient into a "catch all", fail to provide proper care, or in my case throw you into a "catch all" which negates a positive outcome and creates unneeded suffering. I highly recommend Dr. Stein as a pulmonary physician, especially if you are having difficulty finding the proper treatment and/or diagnosis.

December 5th, 2009

Dr. Stein was the first of several "Sleep Specialists" to correctly diagnose my problem. As an Internist he was also able to frame it within the context of my other medical issues. He is not parochially focussed on my Sleep Apnea, but addresses the whole picture of my state of health. He takes the time necessary to address my questions and provides answers. He is a genuinely caring physician.

October 14th, 2016