A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Lawrence Stern:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Lawrence Stern is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Lawrence Stern, MD is board certified in Colon & Rectal Surgery and Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 12 areas:
- Anal Cancer (Anus Neoplasms)
- Anal Itching (Pruritus Ani)
- Anal Ulcer (Fissure in Ano)
- Colon Cancer
- Colorectal Cancer
- Colorectal Surgery
- Rectal Prolapse
- Short Bowel Syndrome
- Ulcerative Colitis
Education & Awards
Dr. Stern graduated from University of Virginia, Charlottesville. He has 6 awards.
Dr. Stern has 4 hospital affiliations:
- Inova Fairfax Hospital
- Inova Alexandria Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Lawrence Edward Stern MD is a male Colon/Rectal Surgeon, has 15 years of experience and practices in Colon & Rectal Surgery and Surgery.
- Where does Dr. Lawrence E. Stern practice?
- Dr. Lawrence Stern has 4 office locations.
Dr. Lawrence Stern practices Colon & Rectal Surgery and Surgery near Fairfax, VA.
Additional practice locations include: Alexandria, VA and Reston, VA.
See Fairfax Surgeons.