Dr. Lawrence Stokar MD Patient Reviews

• Dermatology West Mifflin, PA

3.3

June 23rd, 2016
Stay away from this office, the are completely rude, and don't respect their patients
I am a prior patient of Dr. Stokar. I have recently switched insurance and when I made my appointment for my yearly skin check, they took my insurance info over the phone and said they would "pre-certify" it. Once I got there (yes, they let me keep the appointment and waste my day), they told me they did NOT take my insurance. I said, "OK, well what is your cash office visit price, I'm just here for a skin check," and was told that they will NOT see me, even though I am a prior patient of the doctor's. The office manager hid in her office and wouldn't speak to me, and they wouldn't bother the doctor to talk to me. Yet, knowing they did not take my insurance, they let me waste my day to come there in person to tell me. They treated me like I was insurance-less scum, instead of a valued and respected former patient of theirs. I would not recommend this office, even if it was the only one available for miles and miles around. Save your time and money for a staff that will respect you and your time.

June 3rd, 2016
Pros and cons
Horrible long wait . Girl at front desk overly too busy , she kept apologizing. Told her not her fault. I waited two hours after complaining was left in a room for longer. I became more irritated after listening to the doctor "joking " . I asked for a refund and was told I needed to see the manager which no one seemed to know where she was. The office was chaos. I felt bad for the front desk girl.

August 11th, 2015
Love James !! He is the best !! As well as Dr. Stokar !!

June 26th, 2015
Thorough, gets right to the point and addresses the problem. Seems to know his field of practice. Average bedside manner; tells you like it is, doesn't sugarcoat things I would see him again.

April 8th, 2015
Fixed my problem
he knows his stuff

March 16th, 2015
This Dr has never seen me in less than 1hr of my scheduled appt. when you do see him it's for 2 min he's to busy

May 27th, 2014
Very Satisfied
I was pleasantly surprised after reading all the negative reviews here. I called last week, got an appt. for this week, when all the other dermatologists in the area had no appts for new patients for weeks or even months. I arrived early, at 9, since I was a new patient and would have paperwork to fill out. My appt. was really for 930...and I was seen within 10-15 mins of my actual appt. time.I had several issues to bring up, and Dr. Stokar listened to all of them...one I even forgot about, he'd left the room already, and the nurse said she would ask him...Dr. Stokar himself came back into the room to speak with me about it. I found the staff friendly, the office clean, and when I call the office get a real person right away, rather than "press 1 to....etc". I highly recommend Dr. Stokar.

December 4th, 2013
Horrible experience--after long wait times at previous appointments, made first appointment of the day. When I got there, he had scheduled 6 other patients for the same time!!! I told office staff that I had another appointment I had to be at and couldn't wait long. After half an hour I told that I had to leave in a few minutes. The dr was outside of exam room when she relayed this to him. After hearing the doctor and the rest of the office staff laughing, the doctor then went into the exam room next to me. Since the walls are paper thin, I knew this man went in 10 mins after I did!! I left the office - I will find a different dermatologist!!

April 9th, 2013
Do not like
Ease of getting appointment is awful. Doctor extremely "cold". No follow-up what soever about diagnosis but he sure did send out his bill in a timely fashion!!!

September 7th, 2012
Dr. Stokar was very personable. Treated my problem and scheduled a follow up. Did not have to wait long in waiting room or treatment room.

June 12th, 2012
Rate this doctor? I can't even talk to someone to make an appointment
I've called 3 times to make an appointment to see this doctor. The first time the message said they were closed. The second time, they were closed but at least I got office hours. The third time, I called during the posted office hours and was told they were closed. When I did talk to a person she said "they should be open but I'm not sure what their issue was today". I'm going elsewhere. I wanted to use her as I live fairly close but the aggravation is really not worth it, I'll travel.

February 5th, 2011
Always a long wait but he is worth the wait. I have been a patient for over twenty years. I have no complaints about Dr. Stokar.