Dermatologists, Internist
575 Coal Valley Rd
Ste 464
Clairton, Clairton, PA 15025
412-469-7425
Locations and availability (3)

2.0

Dec 4th, 2013

Horrible experience--after long wait times at previous appointments, made first appointment of the day. When I got there, he had scheduled 6 other patients for the same time!!! I told office staff that I had another appointment I had to be at and couldn't wait long. After half an hour I told that I had to leave in a few minutes. The dr was outside of exam room when she relayed this to him. After hearing the doctor and the rest of the office staff laughing, the doctor then went into the exam room next to me. Since the walls are paper thin, I knew this man went in 10 mins after I did!! I left the office - I will find a different dermatologist!!

|  Do not like  |  show details
by dr lawrence stokar on Apr 9th, 2013

Ease of getting appointment is awful. Doctor extremely "cold". No follow-up what soever about diagnosis but he sure did send out his bill in a timely fashion!!!

Sep 7th, 2012

Dr. Stokar was very personable. Treated my problem and scheduled a follow up. Did not have to wait long in waiting room or treatment room.

|  Rate this doctor? I can't even talk to someone to make an appointment  |  show details
Jun 12th, 2012

I've called 3 times to make an appointment to see this doctor. The first time the message said they were closed. The second time, they were closed but at least I got office hours. The third time, I called during the posted office hours and was told they were closed. When I did talk to a person she said "they should be open but I'm not sure what their issue was today". I'm going elsewhere. I wanted to use her as I live fairly close but the aggravation is really not worth it, I'll travel.

Feb 5th, 2011

Always a long wait but he is worth the wait. I have been a patient for over twenty years. I have no complaints about Dr. Stokar.

|  GREAT DR!  |  show details
by Christina S on Jan 7th, 2011

Was able to get an appt within one week. Scheduled in morning...did wait for almost an hour in waiting room but Dr was very kind, took his time with me, answered all my questions, looked at all areas of concern that I had and even was able to remove a mole that day for biopsy to save me another trip back. He said no news would be good news but he actually called me himself with the results to let me know they were ok but wanted to follow up in 6 months to recheck me again. I was very pleased!!!!

by Mrs. J Bittner on Nov 5th, 2010

Would never go to this doctor! Had no idea what was going on with my husband. Did not seem interested at all, "well try this or maybe this"! Find someone else

Aug 17th, 2009

Never again. Didn't explain procedure or risks. Worst doctor I have ever experienced. Horrible bedside manner. My relative came close to dying during procedure.

Jul 13th, 2009

My seven year old's appointment was at 10:30, we arrived early but did not get called in until 11:30! Ridiculous! I saw the physician's assistant and commented about the wait. She proceeded to tell me that the person before us had skin cancer...blah blah blah (Not that I don't feel bad) but she should not schedule appointments so close together! Then she prescribed a cream for my 7 year old that was not FDA approved! Not worth the wait!

Jun 19th, 2009

Dr. Stokar's stff is very cold and impersonal. And Dr. Stokar is very clinical. He has no empathy for his patients.

Jun 15th, 2009

I do not question the Doctor's medical knowledge. However, I have always had to call multiple times before getting through to make an appointment. Once at the office, I have never waited less than hour past the scheduled time for my appointment. Most critically, he fails to explain his treatments, potential side effects or even direct effects. I have been several times; never again.