Dr. Lawrence Strohmeyer Is this you?

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. Lawrence Strohmeyer?

May 30th, 2015

I can't even imagine the damage this man has done to his patients over the years. I bet if all his past patients questioned by the Medical Board they would be horrified by the stories. With that said I still have sympathy for the man as he obviously is suffering from his own issues. Overall its a sad situation for his patients, his personal dogs, and of course for him.

July 1st, 2014

Not competent to be licensed or practicing. Ever.

He truly believes 'everyone should take neurontin'. Many patients were diagnosed with 'bipolar', and inappropriate medication was prescribed by the handful.

September 11th, 2011

A long-time patient

I have been seeing Dr. Strohmeyer for more than 10 years. At one time, I saw him every other week; now I see him between once a month and every three months. I have been impressed with Dr. Strohmeyer's compassion and caring. He has seen me through some very difficult situations including an extremely damaging and stressful employment situation, and the loss of both of my parents. Without Dr. Strohmeyer's assistance, I honestly do not know where I would be right now. He has helped me to understand my diagnosis and helped me to find peace. Dr. Strohmeyer does perscribe medications, but he has never insisted that I take a specific medication when I did not want to do so or did not think it was doing me any good. He has without exception always listened to me, helped me to understand why I feel certain ways and how I can live with my personal history.

September 11th, 2011

watch out

This Dr. loves to prescribe medication and lots of it. He will prescribe so many differen meds at once that the meds start cancelling out one another. This man has a reputaiton which patients should find out about before they get bad treatment.

March 18th, 2011

Very happy

I felt like Dr. Strohmeyer was the first psychiatrist I have seen that took the time to not only get to know his patients but to inform them as well. He does prescribe meds but they are often necessary with conditions that would warrant a trip to a psychiatrist. Over all I have been very happy with my experience and would recommend him to anyone.

May 18th, 2009

Practices as Doctors Once Did

I don't know the circumstances of the other reviewer with Dr. Strohmeyer. My experience with him has been excellent. Not perfect. However, we, as patients, often must look at the intangibles a provider brings to us. It is these on which I rate Dr. Strohmeyer as excellent. He is a rare breed. He is driven by a thirst for knowledge. That inquiry opens doors to illness that most docs neither care to, or have the time to, pursue. Evidently, Dr. Strohmeyer MAKES the time. He cares deeply for his patients and helping them through whatever psychiatric or physical situation they face.Yes, he prescribes medication. However, he does not overdo it, nor will he allow a patient to stay on a med if either he or the patient feels it is the wrong med for the problem.In short, then, I would highly recommend Dr. Strohmeyer for anyone needing treatment for psychiatric or neurological disorders or pain treatment.

January 30th, 2009

Be Careful

This doctor likes to give out alot of medications. I was much worse after seeing him.

March 9th, 2016