Dr. Lawrence Tierney Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Lawrence Tierney?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

November 21st, 2015

Worst Doctor experience I've ever had.

I agree, if you are under 50 do not go to this man. I went this some stomach issues that I have been having off and on for a couple years. I stopped eating gluten to try and narrow down if that was what was going on, which it was helping me be less sick. First he walked in the room being rude saying "why would you stop eating gluten?" Throughout the whole appointment he continued to ask me that. After telling him that everytime I ate I would get very lightheaded and get stomach pain, he still didn't believe that anything was wrong. He then went on to tell me that what I had going on was normal and everybody's body is different. I don't believe that after I eat getting lightheaded, almost passing out, and having very bad stomach pains is normal. Then he went on to tell me "why are you even here?". At this point I was very angry with the way he was treating me. Would NEVER recommend this doctor to anyone!

September 14th, 2012

Don't go if your under 50

So, as I found out by visiting Dr. Tierney, if you do not look like you are over 50 you will be treated like you are 5. This is no joke, as I had walked in there as a new patient, and was treated like it was my fault they didn't have my records from a previous doctor (I should have paper copies? I don't think so... My previous doctor had all my records electronically and another doctor I had seen before was able to request and get them on the computer in 30 seconds). Anyways, after that hostility, Dr. Tierney talked to me like I didn't have the issue that I had been diagnosed with a few years ago, just because I didn't have one common symptom. Well he changed his mind when my records were faxed over, but still gave me a pamphlet on my disease and talked to me about it like I was a child.I would not recommend this doctor to anyone; he and his staff are blatantly age prejudice.Additionally, I just found out from calling my pharmacy that his staff never called in my medication. I guess I was just not high enough priority to them.

October 25th, 2010

When I wasn't sure if Medicare would cover another colonoscopy only one year after polyp removal, Dr. Tierney said I needed another and if Medicare wouldn't cover it, he wouldn't charge for it and he'd also talk to the surgical facility about making some kind of arrangements. I'd recommend him to anyone.

February 18th, 2017