Surgical Specialist, Plastic Surgery Specialist

Best Tummy Tuck Doctor in Toronto! show details Best Tummy Tuck Doctor in Toronto!
Apr 8th, 2015

Dr Tong is a life changing, caring, and amazing Doctor! He gave me my confidence back after 18 years of avoiding mirrors. I met 3 other surgeons in Toronto before picking Dr Tong. Yes some other Dr's put you up in a fancy hotel ( by your self.... ) ... but Dr Tong had me cared for around the clock by well educated and good nurses! I had a Full Tummy Tuck with Muscle repair! My experience was fantastic. The O.R was clean, professional and I knew my life was in good hands. I just can not say enough about how happy I am with Dr Tong and his nurses; Andrea, Emjay, and Chris, and Jean! I will be back for any future work. I am 6 weeks post op and my scar is low, healed with NO problems, and I feel great! Thank you Dr Tong!

Negative experience with scar revision show details Negative experience with scar revision
by Soph on Mar 25th, 2013

I chose him based on positive online reviews. I am fully aware that scar revision has a risk of having a worse scar after the procedure, and the results in particular are not the cause of my negative experiences. He told me very little about the risks of the procedure, and gave little/no aftercare instructions. His consent process was extremely limited and he didn't even have me sign a consent form. 4 hours after the procedure both sites had opened up and I had to return to have them fixed causing me to miss an interview. He was very unapologetic. I then got an infection (a risk he never warned me of) and had to deal with it while traveling. Many of his reviews are copied word for word on multiple website, and I'm suspicious he may be writing them himself to increase business at his fairly new practice.

I like the doctor, will recommend definitely show details I like the doctor, will recommend definitely
May 18th, 2012

I completed my surgery February 2012: neck lifting and low face lifting, fat grafting for the cheeks and eyes.Im 43 years old.It has been 4 months after I completed my surgery. I had mixed feelings at the beginning, as my neck still has the lines, my face doesnt look younger as I expected. But in general I have a good feeling about surgery, as even not being younger, I feel some positive changes, the face is kind of stronger, and some days looks very nice. I couldnt think before not to wear bangs but now I feel something changed, and some days I can change hairstyle and go with no bangs. I just have a lot of worries that whatever done will go soon away. Even doctor Tong promised I dont need another surgery for the next 7 years or so. I want to believe it.I had such a bad back-pain 1 month after surgery, never experienced it before. And also knees-pain. I wonder if it is connected with taking the fat from my leg. My restore period after surgery was ~ 2 weeks. I told in my office that I was travelling away, and my colleagues told me, - I look fresh. But my friends NOBODY noticed the changes or asked the questions. I wonder why. And I know usually they notice even small cosmetic changes.The scars on the bottom and top of my ears still very noticeable. The same about the under chin scar.But the most amazing point I fall in love. I met the man on the street, he asked my phone number, we started walk together. And be together. And I feel young and playful. And I know before the surgery I had a lot of problems looking into myself. That is miracle. I admire you, doctor Tong. You could expect to see me again in the future, when I need it.

Too bad he went to Toronto! show details Too bad he went to Toronto!
Jan 24th, 2011

I've had a few surgeries with Dr.Tong (mini face lift, lower lids, liposuction). He is a very smart and caring doctor. He really went the extra mile for me on a number of occasions; I can't say enough how much he will be missed in Michigan.

Asian Blepharoplasty_Excellent Results show details Asian Blepharoplasty_Excellent Results
by Nancy Zhang on Dec 13th, 2010

Dr. Tong performed an asian blepharoplasty on me last summer (2009). We both agreed on a conservative "cut." healing time minimal and virtually painfree. The new cut "settled" after one month and has since been the most natural asian double eyelid surgery I have seen. Was very pleased that I could stay in the Midwest and get better results than if I had gone to NYC or LA. I would personally recommend Dr. Tong.

outstanding!!! show details outstanding!!!
by A.K. on Jan 21st, 2010

For years,just starting with one procedure,I ended up being the most addicted and devoted patient of Dr.Tong (and the whole team of a Straith Clinic located in Bingham Farms,Mi).Exellent artistry and the performance of his work,beats up the top names in Hollywood.The results,the cleaniness of the facility,the most awesome medical and clerical staff is just unbelievable.I had about 9 procedures,from serious surgeries( due to a weight loss) to some general touch ups, and every time afterwards,I'm thinking of myself being Blessed years ago to be referred to that high top shelf office,not only lead by real professionals,but the amazing creativity of a cosmetic architect-Dr.Tong. Thanks to you,Dr. and to Starith Clinic for all that wonderful work that you did to me. A.K.:)

> > > > Patient Reviews