Dr. Lawrence Tom MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

May 31st, 2013
I recommend Dr. Tom highly
I agree with other reviewers in that he is not the most talkative/communicative of doctors. That is not as important to me as the prompt, efficient & proper care for our children. Dr. Tom put in our first child's ear tubes at a year of age - quickly, efficiently, skillfully. She had no problems whatsoever after 6 months of constant antibiotics. She is still doing great 2+ years later. When her younger sister started having similar problems, my pediatrician was telling me that it wasn't yet time to be concerned or take her to an ENT. I decided to call Dr. Tom to get his opinion. I left him a message - he called me back within 3 hours & listened to me tell him about a child he had never even seen! He recommended to see her, & a week & a half later we had our answer; she needs tubes as well! I am so glad that he is able to help our children. I know they are in good hands.

September 26th, 2012
Fantastic Dr. For people who want a chatty dr, Dr Tom is not for you. He's a no-nonsense, diagnose and get it fixed dr. He's awesome.

August 22nd, 2012
My visit
My and my 4 year old daughters visit with Dr. Tom was horrible. He has very poor bedside manners. He never greeted, talked to or addressed my daughter directly. As he began to tell me that he would like to do an endoscopy during this visit my daughters fears increased and she began to cry, he then let out a huge sigh in frustration. The visit became worst after that which I won't explain entirely now. At the end of the visit he wanted me to sign the paper informed consent paper for surgery which he never reviewed with me. Long story short, as I put my daughter in the car she said to me "mommy, do I have to go back to the mean doctor?" So that I did not misunderstand which Dr. she was referring to I said, " which doctor are you talking about?" She stated, the doctor in there, and pointed to the building we just left.

March 9th, 2015