Dr. Lawrence Whicker MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.6

April 15th, 2013
I was highly disappointed with the initial and follow up visits I had with Dr. Lawrence Whicker and would not recommend him under any circumstances. Upon my initial visit he diagnosed me after performing a few basic tests, scheduled an MRI, and gave me a referral to start physical therapy. Following my MRI, I returned for a follow up visit to see Dr. Whicker with my scans. Based on my MRI scans, Dr. Whicker claimed I did not have the condition he initially diagnosed me with at visit one. When I asked him to provide me with a second diagnosis he did not have an answer for me. Furthermore, the radiologist was supposed to have forwarded a copy of my report to Dr. Whicker so that he could review that with me on my follow up visit, but this was not done. Dr. Whicker then proceeded to schedule me for another follow up visit (weeks down the line)and recommended that I continue physical therapy in the meantime. I found this recommendation to be extremely troubling considering the fact that he incorrectly diagnosed me on visit#1 and could not provide me with a diagnosis on visit#2, and according to the medical literature, physical therapy regimen should be formulated to a patient's diagnosis, and certain exercises can aggravate the problem even more if one is not properly diagnosed. Overall, I felt like Dr. Whicker's "assembly line" based treatment was appalling and I was more disappointed that he did not seem it care to further investigate and provide an adequate diagnose. I am currently seeking a second opinion from another neurologist and will never seek the services of this individual again.

March 11th, 2013
I was fortunate enough to find Dr. Whicker after a transfer from Florida where I had a brain tumor removed. I found that Dr. Whicker is a wonderful neurologist and his staff is very helpful and friendly.