Dr. Lawrence Widman MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

October 10th, 2016
RF Ablasion
Dr. Widman was able to talk down to my level of expertise and talk to my wife in technical terms. She is a Physician also. He made me feel comfortable through the entire process.

March 29th, 2016
Highly recommend!
Non-conventional way of interaction with patients. Great personalilty and extremely smart! I felt well taken care of. Took loads of time with me. I felt he knew his stuff.

December 7th, 2015
Great doctor
I'm very careful in selecting my doctor because of my history of heart disease. I chose to use Dr. Widman as my electrophysiologist because of his wonderful credentials. He is an excellent doctor, explaining everything I needed to know about my condition, my pacemaker, and my course of treatment. I would recommend him to anyone needing an expert cardiologist.

March 28th, 2011
Find another cardiologist
My son complained of stomach pain for more than a year. I asked Widman if stomach pain could be heart-related. "ABSOLUTELY NOT" he said, "There is NO correlation between the heart and the stomach." He approved an endoscopy, my son went into cardiopulmonary arrest and eventually died. On the day before the fatal endoscopy, another cardiologist had determined that the stomach pain was as a result of right-sided heart failure and recommended a course of treatment. Widman did not stop the unnecessary endoscopy. This incompetent nitwit never performed tests or exams to make sure that the stomach pains were not heart-related. When I asked if he could see my son, he said he had seen him in June, 2009 and did not need to see him again. My son was hospitalized a couple of days later. My son was a victim of this idiot's gross recklessness and gross negligence. He let my son suffer for an entire year and did nothing to relate stomach pain to right-sided heart failure. He is responsible for my son's death.

February 4th, 2011
Not what he seems to be
My son, a muscular dystrophy patient with CHF, had been his patient for 15 yrs and when he needed Widman at a critical time, the Dr. refused to order blood work which was vital and refused to see him. Instead he called in a GI doctor who sedated my son who went into cardiopulmonary arrest, cardiogenic shock, and eventually died. He's not the kind, caring, concerned dr. he would have you to believe. He will eventually get tired of you and toss you aside, just like he did my son.

November 11th, 2010
Well qualified, exceptional doctor
Dr. Widman is excellent and has exceeded my expectations. Im accustomed to long waits for the doctor and a hurried office visit. No so with this Doctor. I was seen on time and Dr. Widman spent almost two hours with me on my initial visit.Dr. Widman clearly explained his recommended treatment plan, answered my questions, and had his staff coordinate my insurance benefits.I had some testing done at a local hospital. Again, Dr. Widman was punctual and reviewed the test results with me on the spot. I ended up having a CT cardio angiogram. Dr. Widman called me on a Friday evening as soon as he received the results to let me know that everything was normal. Talk about peace of mind.I highly recommend Dr. Widman.

September 14th, 2010
Spends a good deal of time with his patients explaining diagnosis and treatment plan.

June 23rd, 2010
His negligence lead to my son's death.

May 19th, 2009
DR. WIDMAN SAVED MY MOM'S LIFE TWICE
Dr. Widman is one of the best doctors my mom has ever had....and she is surrounded by the best! He's to humble to admit it (he'll give all the other doctors credit)...yet HE SAVED MY MOM'S LIFE TWICE!!! And his office staff is wonderful, too.