inactive

Lawrence Wilkin MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

November 11th, 2013
No better doctor anywhere...a real medical gem!
I was born with a rare, nasty genetic disorder, so I've been seen by countless doctors since early childhood, including MAYO and CLEVELAND Clinics, and many other big, university doctors. I have never been to any other doctor like Dr Wilkin...so dedicated, thorough, personable, knowledgable, easy to talk to, and ready to listen. This doctor has NO trace of ego, where most doctors, especially those with Dr Wilkin's level of training, think they are God, and they don't listen to you at all. Dr Wilkin is totally opposite. He genuinely cares about his patients, and is very thorough. My first visit was about 90 minutes, but at the end, not only did I know I had a great pain specialist, I also found I had a heart murmur that even my primary care doctor hadn't found! He took such care in making sure he was thorough, he found the murmur... way above and beyond the call for a pain doctor. He was in a different office then, and the waiting room was a long way from the room he saw patients in. That didn't matter though...he came out, greeted the patient, and walked them back with him! Then, when finished, he walked them back out! No waiting in a cold, sterile room for "GOD" to walk in! (ha, ha!) He's in a smaller office now, so the "walk" is MUCH shorter, but he still does it! Talk about no ego! It's too bad this doctor isn't a primary care doctor, but I'm glad he isn't...I wouldn't have the BEST pain specialist on the planet! In the beginning, I thought it was strange that everyone in his office waiting room...every patient, was very open about saying how much they respected Dr Wilkin, and they were blessed to be his patient. But now, as I have been his patient for over 4 1/2 years, I know what they were talking about! This doctor is not only a great doctor, but a shining example of a human being! He could give lessons in "bedside" manner to most other doctors!

April 27th, 2013
Abandoned
Abandoned by doc b/c of immature unprofessional staff at front desk.

December 28th, 2011
best doc ever
he is great doctor he listen to you and he cares about us. i love this doctor he is the best.

July 2nd, 2011
Great doctor!
It was 2 months before my 1st appointment with Dr. Wilkin, but he is outstanding. He listens, wants to know detail, examines you well and tries to solve the problem. He is also personable and concerned about his patients. A great doctor!

December 11th, 2009
Dr wilken gives you time to understand a problem. works very well to find and implement a helpful therapy.In this field it is a great find