inactive

Lawrence Z Stern MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.1

October 29th, 2012
Not Impressed
My visit with Dr. Larry Stern in a nut shell, not impressed one bit. He spoke to me as if I were an uneducated idiot. Which I did not enjoy. Instead of giving me the attention I needed for my appointment, he spoke with medical students about me as if I were on display. Please don't get me wrong, I'm great with speaking with folks about my disease, but please don't put me on display like some freak of nature. That's exactly what I felt like, sad. I had moved here for the Midwest, needing a neurologist, I found Dr. Stern. I will be seeking out other to help manage my disease from here on out. He is way behind the learning curve of medical knowledge and tried to re-invent the wheel.

December 4th, 2010
What about inside?
I saw doctor Stern june? after moving from INdiana to arizona back in march. He was highly recommended and I researched him to see if he knew anything about my condition. I felt he was judging me from the outside when he made a comment that I had it better then some and my results were really border line. I may have been border line (positive by DNA) but he has no idea how I feel inside. He doesnt feel the pain I have daily. Just because I can still walk or work for that matter doesnt mean I dont have pain! I mentioned tingling in ,my hands he just said I should tell my family care doctor. Well it is nerve related and my family care will just say I need to tell him. Insurance pushes them to walk a line, test this first then that and maybe if you dont find a good answer we will let ya do that. So patients get put through a ringer when we know it feels more like something else. I left his office unsure of a true option so hoping my next visit is better. My Indiana doctor was a great listener and cared how I was doing. I was told he wanted me to talk with a lady who works with MD patients but have yet to hear from her and it has been 6months.

April 26th, 2010
Wonderful knowledgeable Dr.
After being diagnosed with Muscular Dystrophy I was scared to death and had no idea what to expect. Dr. Stern put me at ease and made me feel like I was not alone in this. He is extremely knowledgable in his field and he heads up the MDA clinic at the University Medical center in Tucson, AZ.

February 4th, 2010
doctor had a bad day or bad patient?
Overall attitude as a severe neuro-degenerative disease specialist with a strong genetic component was dismissive and condescending. Did not acknowledge finger tapping deficit as a test for disorder he claims to specialize in.Testing for condition was positive.Dislike of patient or patient's choices does not excuse behavior.