Overall Review

3.9

December 2nd, 2012
I would not recommend this dr.

June 4th, 2012
lyme disease
Having read the reviews, knowing my son was not responding to the oral meds, I was a bit concerned as to what his stance would be. He actually was very responsive, admitting my son into hospital to ensure that the arthritus was specifically lyme and not septic. He involved the orthopedic team and the infectious diseases expert. Based on the symptoms and the lack of progress with oral meds, he prescribed IV meds. There is a lot of controversy about Lyme Disease, he is one of the state leading experts. He is considered conservative in his approach so I was reasured that my son really did need the treatment prescibed. It so far has been very effective.

May 26th, 2011
I was pleased about how seriously he took my daughter's vague but persistent concerns. I knew she hurt but because she is quite young she did not know how to describe what kind of hurt it was. He really worked hard to have her explain in a way that he and I would both understand.

April 22nd, 2011
Dr.Zemel has treated our child for three years. His attention and care he shows is wonderful when dealing with his patients and our child who has a chronic disease with no cure. His efforts to reach out to know his patients should be encouraged to all physicians. The compation and care is immeasurable.

February 8th, 2010
What Doctorsused to be and should be
Dr. Zemel combines the personal care and attention of the "old school" doctors with the expertiseand efficiency of a modern practice.

October 9th, 2009
Don't be fooled: this guy is good.
My experience with Dr Zemel has been so far very good. He's taking care of my 18 months old daughter and he is one of the few doctors she smiles at (after all she went through). Medicine is a far from perfect but it is Science and follows the rules of Science: that's how Medicine progresses, just like electronics went from light bulbs to computers. I'm offended by the "lyme activism" against him. Don't be fooled. Read serious authors, read credible authors. Not necessarily difficult authors: for example just read "Every patient tells a story" by Lisa Sanders who wrote a very easy to understand chapter about the controversy around lyme disease.

September 15th, 2009
Misdiagnosed Advanced Lyme disease
He told us that our daughter had Chronic Fatigue and that her positive Lyme test was a false positive. She has gotten sicker and sicker and has finally seen a doctor who said that her Lyme test was not false but her disease had already turned into autoimmune and that is why the IGg did not convert and Dr. Zemel should have known that. The Lyme has gone to her central nervous system she can no longer go to school. She really doesn't leave the house. Aetna is hasseling us about IV antibiotics because they just don't want to pay. We just got them approved with the help of the CT State Medical Ombudsman.

August 17th, 2009
Best in the buisness
He has put my mind at ease as a parent and is always interested in my dayghters best interst.

August 11th, 2009
Although he came very highly recommended, we had an awful experience with him. I never expected a pediatric specialist would speak so cruelly to an upset child that was in pain. We will never go back.