Dr. Lazaro Castillo MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.2

August 29th, 2016
Parents don't take your children to this doctor
As a patient and parent I strive to be compassionate of veryone's time. When making an appointment for my 6 year old who has severe skin issues and possible shrimp allergy; I was given a 3pm appointment and was asked to arrive at 2:30 to fill out paper work; I explained to the person on the phone that I would not be able to arrive at 2:30 as I was traveling far and my child gets out of school at 2:10. I was told to do my best. When they called to confirm my appointment I again had th conversation about what time I could serve and was given the OK. I had a 3 pm appointment Nd would do my best to arrive before 3pm. I picked up my child after traveling from a flight rushed to take my child and arrived at 2:55pm and was told that I was being rescheduled. They were so rude that my child even left scared. The supervisor coldly said after I explained to her again that I was given the ok as long as I arrived on time which we did; said sorry but the best I can do is an appointment at the end of Sept I declined and walked out; clearly I do not want to bring my child to this type of office. We can and will find a better office. Wish I would have read other reviews of the rude office staff before traveling so far. Also the office smells old and moldy (surprising for an allergy Doctor) this is not at all a child friendly environment.

May 27th, 2016
Unprofessional Staff & Uncaring Incompetent Physician - Horrible Experience
The Front Desk staff that I have dealt with are unfriendly and extremely unprofessional. The physicians condone this behavior from their staff. Dr Castillo misdiagnosed me and I wound up with two costly ER visits and Hospital stays. Not to mention the severe pain I had to endure. I was forced by this office to have a second consultation because of the Hospital stay, which was due to the physicians incompetence, but I still had to have this second consultation before they would give me the shots needed to stay out of the hospital and I had to pay for it. Not to mention I was hospitalized a second time (after the second consultation) and they tried to make me go for a third consultation before I could start my shots. I had to beg to skip the third consultation in order to get my shots. Please note that testing has to be done before you can get shots. The testing is done on two separate dates at least a week apart and then you have to wait for them to make the serum for the shots. The only reason I dealt with this office was to try to avoid the agony of another outbreak and another Hospital visit, however, I missed one doctors appointment, so they refused to give me my shots, which will put me backwards on my shots and I will have to start over again. What kind of physician does this to his patients? Just in case anyone is wondering, all of my bills to them have been paid on time. Within 3 months time I accrued over $1200.00 out of pocket, plus insurance payments. I am asking for a full reimbursement and going elsewhere.

August 17th, 2015
Rude and Prescribed unnecessary medications
I saw this Doctor several years ago. Besides being rude, he pushed several different medications on me that I did not need, including an anti anxiety med. I think he had me on five different meds by the time I left his office. I immediately saw a new allergist who fixed me right up.

March 26th, 2015
It's been more than 2 years, but Dr. Castillo still hasn't addressed the issue of my infection. I have brought it to his attention several times, but he avoids the subject or says it's just part of my immunodeficiency syndrome. I can't accept that! It's extremely embarrassing to be among people knowing how offensive you smell!

January 17th, 2011
I question this doctor's credentials.
How do I find out if this doctor is really an M.D.? He seemed clueless how to help me.