Dr. Leah Darak MD Patient Reviews

• Obstetrics and Gynecology Trumbull, CT

February 17th, 2017
All business
Not a nice person. Does not follow through when there is a problem. One that was caused by her practice.

January 18th, 2017
Terrible
Seems like a few women I know have had near death experiences during delivery with Dr. Darak yet St. V's doesn't seem to report it. She's horrible.

July 20th, 2016
Love her!
I love Dr. Darak. I've always had anxiety when it came to doctors and I'm so glad i chose her! She cares about her patients and goes above and beyond to make sure i understand what's going on and that we are both on the same page! When it comes time for the actual exam, she keeps conversation and distracts me from what she is actually doing (so grateful for this so i don't even have a chance to overthink anything or get anxious). It goes by super quick, but she is very thorough! I highly recommend her to anyone! Very kind and extremely knowledgable!

June 29th, 2016
I love Dr. Darak! I have been going to her for over fifteen years. She always goes above and beyond for me. She is patient and kind and really cares about your well being. She takes much pride in her work and it shows. I trust her whole heartedly and have referred many of my friends and family to her, all who in which feel the same way and so happy they found her. I would highly recommend her to others. She is absolutely wonderful!

December 2nd, 2015
Poor bedside manner. All business. No compassion. Doesn't follow through after a major mistake on her part.

August 6th, 2015
Horrible doctor. If I can help anyone out there by writing this, do not see her! Poor bedside manner, wouldn't take the time to answer any questions about a concerning diagnosis and would call at odd hours...example 9pm. You miss the call and try to call back but she leaves no call back number. Just a horrifying cryptic message that makes you think something is seriously wrong and you stay awake all night crying and stressing out. Any time you ask her questions she completely dismisses you and makes sly comments. Rude, ignorant and not compassionate. Also, I seriously question her skill set. She missed a major diagnosis for years that other doctors were shocked by. Please do not see this doctor.

January 13th, 2015
She is a wonderful doctor

October 9th, 2014
poor bedside manner...poor follow up...rough during exams and delivery...mean

September 18th, 2013
I did not like this doctor. I found her to be dismissive of my concerns and difficult to talk to. I have never felt so disappointed with any doctor as I have with this one.

May 10th, 2013
REALLY DISAPPOINTED
I REALLY HAD HIGH HOPES FOR DR DARAK. SHE WAS RECOMMENDED BY 3 PEOPLE I KNOW. I SWITCHED TO HER FROM MY OLD DR B/C SHE WAS AFFILIATED WITH ST VINCENTS. UNFORTUNATELY SHE DID NOT MEET MY EXPECTATIONS. BEING A FIRST TIME MOM WITH TWINS I NEEDED A LIL MORE TIME DURING EXAMS TO BE INFORMED OF WHAT I WAS LOOKING AT WHAT TO EXPECT WHAT ARE THE NEXT STEPS. SHE BARELY HAD TIME TO SAY HELLO TO ME WHEN SHE CAME IN THE ROOM. THERE WAS NO BRIEFING ABOUT WHAT THE EXAM WOULD INCLUDE, JUST SPREAD YOUR LEGS DIDNT BOTHER TO TELL ME THAT A SPECULUM WAS GOING IN , OR THAT SHE WOULD BE DOING A PELVIC EXAM. VERY ABRUPT AND RUSHED. DIDNT BOTHER TO GET TO KNOW ME OR ASK ME HOW I WAS FEELING UP UNTIL THIS POINT, ANY TIME I TRIED TO EXPLAIN HOW I WAS FEELING IT FELL UPON DEAF EARS. LET ALONE THE FIRST TIME I ACTUALLY SAW THE TWINS MOVING SHE GAVE ME ALL OF LITERALLY 30 SECONDS TO WATCH THEM BEFORE SLAMMING THE MACHINE OFF AND THREW A PAPER TOWEL AT ME TO WIPE OFF. THERE WAS NO EXPLANATION OF WHAT I WAS LOOKING AT, HOW BIG THEY WERE, WHENEVER I WOULD TRY TO ASK IF THEY WERE FRATERNAL OR IDENTICAL I WOULD GET A LAME ANSWER OF "OH IT'S THE MEMBRANE". WELL HOW ABOUT YOU SHOW ME WHAT YOU ARE LOOKING AT EXPLAIN TO ME WHAT YOU ARE LOOKING FOR. I ONLY GOT ONE SET OF PICTURES AND WHEN I ASKED FOR A SET AT MY LAST ULTRASOUND, I WAS TOLD THAT THE MACHINE IS NOT GOOD AND WONT TAKE GOOD PICTURES. DONT TELL ME THAT YOU DONT HAVE THE BEST EQUIPMENT AND CANT TELL, OR DONT TELL ME WHEN I HAVE AN ULTRASOUND AT 9 WEEKS THAT YOU CANT HEAR THE HEARTBEAT, WHEN MY PRIOR DR HEARD IT AT 6 WEEKS. JUST UPSETTING.

October 10th, 2012
love her!
i have been a patient of Dr. Darak for 7 or 8 years now and have referred many friends to her, she is excelllent. She was recommended to me by 2 local friends who are also doctors. She properly diagnosed me, I had uterine ablation surgery and my quality of life has improved a million times over. I find dr. Darak to b professional, caring, warm, and I never feel rushed.

January 7th, 2011
horrible!!!
c-section...spent a month in the hospital with an ecoli infection from the surgery....THEY HAD NO CLUE!