Dr. Leah Eberley Is this you?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

November 21st, 2010

First impression not always correct!

When I first started seeing Dr. Eberley, I loved her! She was extremely kind, caring, and friendly. She was thorough with her treatment of me. But the wait times in her office were unbearable! A few times, I was in there over 2 hours! Then the real trouble started. I would go for labwork and wait for 2 to 3 weeks before I would call the office, at which point they would tell me she had the results on her desk and would call me - it would still be several days. She was not happy with me that I wasn't losing the weight she wanted me to lose - she wanted to know why I wasn't exercising and I explained it was because of a chronic lower back problem I have that was causing me considerable pain. She ordered an MRI - about 3 weeks later, I received a call from one of her office staff saying that I have spinal stenosis - a condition that my father had to have a horrific surgery to correct a fews years before. I was most upset and the staff member told me that she would talk to me about it at my next appointment - IN SIX MONTHS!! I finally signed a release and my chiropractor got the results of the MRI and went over them with my husband and myself. The "final nail in the coffin" was when I went in complaining about sudden extreme thirst - she sent me for blood work and again, after several calls about the results, one of her staff again called me to tell me that I am diabetic! She couldn't even call me herself for something like this!! I said I had a lot of questions and the woman who called said if I wanted, I could make an earlier appointment than the one I had scheduled in 3 months! She put me on oral medication, told me to lose weight, and to increase my exercise. She NEVER suggested I take a class with a diabetes educator or even to buy a glucometer and keep a record of my blood sugars. I was done at that point - I found another doctor immediately and thankfully have my condition under control. Oh, I finally did get a call from the doctor - about 3 months after I stopped seeing her, I came home one day to a message on my answering machine, from Dr. Eberley herself, telling me that the results of my bone scan showed I have severe osteoperosis and I needed to schedule another appoinment immediately! I hadn't been for a bone scan - turns out she meant to call my sister-in-law, but since we share the same last name, she pulled the wrong file!!!! My sister-in-law has a new doctor too!!

July 15th, 2010

Top-notch doctor

Dr Eberley has been my primary care physician for nine years. She shows genuine concern for me as a patient. Waiting time is very short. Her manner is that of a concerned friend. Her diagnosis has always been correct, so I believe her to be very competent. Her staff people are always courteous and helpful. I definitely would recommend her as a primary care physician.

February 7th, 2010

Annonymous

Wife and I in our deep 70s are looking for a geriatric specialist and I went by Dr. Eberleys office late one afternoon last week. No patients waiting, two clerks behind the counter and they were helpful in answering my questions. Dr. Eberley does not accept Medicare. Another doctor working on a part time basis does accept Medicare and could accommodate us within a couple of weeks. His availability for patients seemed quite flakey and there was no indication that Dr. Eberley would step in. It seems like we could end up with the same result that the family with the 93 year old mother had. Looking elsewhere.

October 19th, 2009

Great Bedside Manner

Dr. Eberley has a wonderful caring bedside manner and it is obvious that her major goal in practicing medicine is the welfare of the patient and not monitary gain. She gives of her time and talents willingly to her patients and has a special relationship with them.Definately more than a "fee for service" doctor. She listens and takes time.

November 8th, 2015