Dr. Leah Heap MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.5

January 13th, 2014
Sorry, I give this doctor no stars except that the review won't post without them (she does deserve 1 star for graduating med school but it takes more than that to be a good doctor).... and though my experience was several years ago (2007-2008), I found her to be rude and blatantly hostile at times. While the office staff and appearance of the facility seemed far more professional and progressively equipped than my previous doctor's office, the level of interest and treatment by Dr. Heap was below substandard and her attitude on more than one occasion border lined as outright angry. Consequently I went back to my former Physician (Dr. Cecelia Madrid), where I admit the office was not up to date nor the level of front office procedure as I often have to drive over there and walk in to schedule an appointment since one might never get through on the phone, but at least they care, they listen, and they try to accommodate your needs by getting tests, meds, or specialists etc. addressed. I might add that my other doctors who were trying diligently to communicate with her regarding my treatment had the same sentiment. There is something to be said for tenderness and genuine concern when you are in a 'caring for people' industry, its called human kindness; that's not something you get with a degree, its something you get from within. All I can say is perhaps she is intelligent and knows something about medicine (not my experience however), but her presence would be more useful in a lab with beakers and machines so she wouldn't have to be bothered with people.

February 28th, 2012
A poor experience
Even though I rode up in the elevator with Dr. Heap, she didn't remember seeing me when she finally came to the exam room. Then she spent the whole time looking at a computer screen while asking questions. She looked at my injury briefly, wrote a prescription & told me I needed a complete physical. She has no people skills at all & made me feel as though she didn't care. I will find another doctor who inspires confidence & has compassion to handle my physical exam.

January 27th, 2012
Steady decline
I have been a patient of Dr. Heap for close to 10 yrs. She is a good doctor, but the practice is terrible. She used to spend time with me, but now seems rushed and under pressure, which then comes out as uncaring. The office has 5 doctors and it is chaos. The staff are awful, and like 1 reviewer stated, you feel like you are bothering them. Receptionist is rude, and will make you wait at the counter when first arriving to finish a conversation with a coworker. This has happened to me twice in the last 3 months, so I assume it happens frequently. It's really a shame because Dr. Heap used to be great. Good luck if you need to talk to her about more than one problem, because she makes you feel like you're bothering her. One time, she actually said to me, "I've got to go!" I replied, I'm a patient too! I'm now looking for a new PCP OUTSIDE of the Lakeside Group.

August 29th, 2011
Fine doctor and staff
We've had no problems with Dr. Heap or her staff. She's a smart, no-nonsense, well informed doctor.

January 20th, 2009
Doesn't do anything
She is dismissive and regardless of what the problem was just sent me for lab work to get me out of her office. I told her I had a cough for a month and a half, she told me it would go away. I came back with the cough 3 months later and she literally said "you're fine, it's nothing to worry about" then when I disagreed she said that if I didn't like her diagnosis I should find another doctor. I am.