Dr. Leah Tobin MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

November 30th, 2015
Top Doctor
I have been a patient of Dr. Tobin for over 15 years and I am so disappointed to see some of the reviews that are inaccurate with who she is and how she practices! Especially when some of these negative reviews are cited as helpful. Dr. Tobin has wonderful bedside manner as she is humorous, personable, direct, clear, explains diagnosis, and offers options to managing symptoms. I have "Never" had issues with her assistants or front desk. When I was diagnosed with cancer in the throat Dr. Tobin would meet with me before and after the radiation treatment to provide recommendations of doctors and taking care of other symptoms I was having due to radiation treatment. When I came for a sick visit after several months had past that I had radiation treatment I began to have allergic reactions to things I wasn't aware of as I got into the room she and the nurses looked at me and realized I was going to faint. They put me on an IV as I was dehydrated and pale instead of sending me to the hospital as most doctors do. They cared for me and requested my husband come and get me. Poor bedside manner is quite far from the truth. Yes she does require you to come in every three months for medication refills. I see this action as making sure the medications are working effectively and doing what they are intended to do. A patients job is to follow through with these follow ups because this to me is part of looking out for your well being and health.

June 30th, 2015
Great service! Starting at the front desk, Tascia knows everyone and greets every patient that comes in. There are multiple doctors here that give great attentive service to all their patients. I have been coming here for 15 years and will not go anywhere else. You can get an appointment quickly, not long wait times once you check in and the nurses and doctors have a good bedside manner . They care about their patients and listen to all of your concerns. This is a great primary care practice. I really like Dr. Tobin, Dr. Ganjam and Lindsey!

March 4th, 2015
Dr. Tobin is Unbelievable
Reviews are so important to me and my business, that is why I struggled with even writing this one. At first I thought about writing Dr. Tobin's business partners, and then the medical board, and then I just decided to leave it alone all together. However, after reviewing many of the reviews on this site, I just had to let anyone else know that comes to this site just what my husband and I experienced when I visited this doctor. At first, I thought what a loving and caring doctor, even though Dr. Tobin was so cold with us to begin with. Our HMO provider only allowed for us to see doctors a minimum of 20 miles away from our home. Dr. Tobin's office is at least 30 - 35 miles one way from our home. Our first visit, she recommended a minimum of 15 referrals EACH to my husband and I. We were so overwhelmed to say the least. We tried to see some, but it was the height of our seasonal business and we did the best we could. When we next saw her, she shamed and embarrassed us so like we were little children stating that how dare we not go see all those people. Every one of the doctors she referred us to was at least the same distance from our home. This was so much. It took us at least another 6 months to see all of those doctors. She also at that time diagnosed me with diabetes even though my blood sugar was 98 and still is 98. She said my A1C number was out of line. She put me on meds at that time which gave me a horrible UTI. I had to go to the emergency room which was much closer to my house and I did not want to make another trek out to their office. After much urging over the phone and constant phone calls, I had them call in another diabetes med and get it approved with my HMO. Then 2015 rolled around and we both went back in for the new years approvals and such. At this time I began experiencing menopausal mood swings and issues and my diabetes meds that she had prescribed me were about to run out. Her office assistant and front desk staff is horrible, especially her nursing assistant, regarding following up with the proper paperwork and approvals that the HMO needs for each year. Even using their online patient portal they are not able to follow up like they should. Long story short, the assistant dropped the ball and those meds ran out. I explained through the portal to the assistant who blamed the HMO, that the HMO stated she dropped the ball and had not returned the paperwork back to them and that they had this on file. When I went into the appointment, before Dr. Tobin even walked into the room, I had an episodal mood swing for no reason and was emotional and crying and Dr. Tobin did not even care. She begin to go in on me about how I disrespected her assistant through the portal and that we are not a good fit and how I don't follow the rules because I don't come in every 3 months to her office and follow up and listen to everything she says, including taking a flu shot, which incidentally I did 30 years ago and paralyzed me as a child for a year, which I told her from the very beginning of our going to their office. Dr. Tobin has a huge God complex and she could care less about the patient. She sat there and watched me cry as I told her that I wanted to discuss the reasons why I thought I had Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome and could not have children and other health issues. She felt that what she thinks is absolutely the truth and no one else knows what they are talking about. It is a shame, because this practice could be a good one and I have even referred other people to it. Lastly, she had the audacity to send me a letter asking me not to come back. I just sat in her office and tried to pull my emotional self together and did not say anything to her because although I was experiencing a personal mood swing that day, I knew that I would not be able to get through to her at all. She has a lot to learn about working with people and with all of the tests she sends us to and each time we went to her she would draw at least 7 - 15 vials of blood tells me that this is all about how much money she can make and not about the quality of life for the patient. I also want to mention that the the manager of the office called in a different prescription for me to my pharmacy without even letting me know that this was done. How would I know what to do or to even pick it up?

February 17th, 2015
Very caring and thorough.

February 12th, 2015
Dr. Tobin advice made my symptoms WORSE
I am so disappointed with the advice I received from Dr. Tobin. I went in for two reasons and she only focused on of the two issues and prescribed medication for me and told me to take over the counter for the other issue. After reading the handouts from the pharmacy on the medication I noticed that I am NOT supposed to take the over the counter medicine she recommended with the prescribed medication. I called the pharmacy and they confirmed that is indeed true. They also said the prescribed medication would definitely make my other situation worse. I am SO sick (literally) and can’t believe she made all these horrible recommendations. She just turned me off from this entire practice. STAY AWAY FROM HER!

April 30th, 2014
I was injured in an accident and was referred to Dr. Tobin instead of going to the ER because I was told I would be able to get an accurate diagnosis and the Xrays that I needed. I was able to get an appointment by that afternoon and was surprised at the short wait time. Dr. Tobin was very helpful and spent time explaining what I would need to do to regain full functioning and referred me to a joint and nerve specialist to make sure that there was no permanent damage to my hand.

April 30th, 2014
Easy to talk with and very concerned about my well-being. As I have a very specific heart condition, she made a wonderful recommendation for a specialist after a consultation with her and made sure to follow-up with me in a timely manner. She is easy to interact with and always gives good advice when I have questions without rushing me.

April 23rd, 2014
Dr. Tobin is very through, however her staff leaves something to be desired. Instead of my wellbeing and concern for me as a patient, they only seem interested in making appointments! Very frustrated in the way they do business. I have left 6 messages for Dr. Tobin and she has never returned my calls, when I ask her staff, they say I must make an appointment to ask any questions! NO HELP, DIDN"T CARE ABOUT MY SITUATION!!!

March 19th, 2014
Scared for her future patients
Ms. Tobin is not in the right profession, and that is an understatement. She cares only about her own opinions and her mortgage, which she inappropriately brought up when talking about why she needed to take 8 x-rays, an MRI, and an echocardiogram for chronic inflammation in the shoulder (which is now under control with the help of physical therapy.) Over the course of one appointment she said "You have frozen shoulder, which is very, very bad. And you have diabetes, too." (Neither of which are true.) She was also convinced a hear attack was imminent because of family history of such, and when told that these family members were very heavy smokers and drinkers she said "that makes no difference." Ms. Tobin is a disrespectful egomaniac who bullies patients. She does not care about what the patient feels or wants, and lashes out when she feels challenged (ie, the patient has an opinion about their own body and wants a say in what happens to it.) Even her colleagues are quick to admit that she orders way more tests than are necessary (apparently citing her mortgage to many as the reason, based on other reviews) and are not surprised to hear of her horrible bedside manner. Most doctors go into medicine to help people. Ms. Tobin? Clearly it was for the power trip. Don't let yourself or your loved one get caught in her cross hairs! Skip this whole practice and go somewhere else; they ought to be held liable for retaining her on their staff knowing full well how awful she is.

October 14th, 2013
Top Doctor
My wife and I have been using Dr. Tobin's practice for the better part of seven years as our primary care physician. I am 54 years young and I have lived in seven cities during my post college career and have also business travelled to many more cities. During these years I have had the opportunity to interact and seek help from many, many different doctors, and during this time I have had very few that makes my Top 5 list of physicians. I would include some fine doctors in Atlanta, Chicago and San Francisco on that list, however, not one of them has even come close to the caliber of physician that Leah Tobin is. She is my number 1!!!! She is the most conscientious, caring, concerned doctor that I have ever had. Her bedside manner is second to none. She has an uncanny ability to always think ahead before an office visit and tell me more than I would have ever expected. The bottom line is that she is the best and brightest doctor I have known.

July 5th, 2013
Listened and Cared
Dr. Tobin was very friendly, forthright and caring. I was pleased with her guidance and she spent a lot of time with me and provided practical advice.

May 10th, 2013
When I called to make an appt. with the front office, they highly recommended Dr. Tobin. They couldn't have been more wrong. It is validating (yet unfortunate) to see other reviews on here describing her as hostile and shaming. She is combative from the start and takes whatever symptoms you describe and exaggerates them. She then tries to bully you and scare you into seeking unnecessary treatment. To me, a doctor needs to be a good listener to be effective at diagnosing. I recommend staying far away from this doctor.