Dr. Leanelle Goldstein MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

no change

October 24th, 2016
Outstanding Doctor - Umbilical Hernia Repair
I was referred to Dr. Goldstein for repair of an umbilical hernia that I had been putting off for years in getting it surgically repaired. Let me start by saying that I have never had any type of surgery before and I was apprehensive to say the least about going under and having an operation. I conveyed these concerns to Dr. Goldstein on my first visit and she took the extra time to assure me that everything would be fine and that she would be able to easily repair my hernia and with any luck, I'd not even have a noticeable scar. She did say that some of the stretched skin where the hernia was sticking out of my belly button might not recover after surgery and cause complications but that she would do her best to make sure any scarring would not be an issue. On the day of surgery (at Sentara Virginia Beach General Hospital), I was brought in and prepped for surgery - I don't know who / what all of the nurses, technicians, etc. that tended to me that day but just let me say that they were all very caring to my fears, concerns, and well-being. My anesthesiologist (a short blonde woman in her 40's) spoke to me about my concerns with anesthesiology and also having tubes stuck down my throat during surgery and she promised that she would ensure that I never would be aware of anything or have any after-surgery complications. As we were talking in the operating room, I recall the tiled walls and the next thing I knew I was waking up from the most restful sleep I have had in a long while in the recovery room. My recovery room nurse came over and checked on me as soon as she saw me waking up and started telling me where I was and how everything had gone. I also noted that I could not feel any pain what-so-ever. After a while, I was given crackers and something to drink. Dr. Goldstein came in at some point and spent a few minutes telling me that everything went fine and that I'd be real happy with the results. She used no stiches on the outside - just steri-strips and she stated there would be no obvious scarring once the swelling went down because she was able to hide the incision within my belly button. Bottom line; within 1 month after all swelling had gone down and the surgical area fully recovered...you could never tell that I had had an abdominal hernia and my belly button looks like my old "innie". Dr. Goldstein and the entire staff at Sentara Virginia Beach General Hospital were awesome and I'm happy to have finally gotten around to writing this review for others to read when seeking an outstanding doctor and facility to have their surgery in.

July 28th, 2016
Fantastic Doctor
Just plain great!

January 16th, 2013
She is an amazing surgeon. I had an emergency appendectomy and she was on call. Within 20 minutes she was at the hospital and within 45 minuets I was in surgery. My scars are tiny and the two lower ones are already disappearing and its only been 1 week. Her bedside manner was wonderful.

November 29th, 2011
I would highly recommend this doctor! She is caring and professional. Very good at what she does and follows up to ensure your improvement and progress within your healing process. Thank You