Dr. Leanne Molia MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.8

December 11th, 2014
A shining star
I just read Donna's comments I'm thinking I bet Dr. Molia wished Donna would have stayed clear of her. You sound like a bitter, nasty woman who doesn't like paying her bills. I just returned from Dr. Molia's office and it was packed. So your thoughts seem to be shared by only you. I am a NYC trial attorney and used to go to a NYC Presbyterian ophthalmologist until I had an ocular emergency while I was in my summer home on LI. Dr. Molia was on call and took impeccable care of my eyes. She asked me to follow up with my ophthalmologist in NYC but I choose to return to her. She is bright, articulate, kind and compassionate. Being in a profession that requires continuous reading, my eyesight means everything to me. That's why I travel 90 minutes to visit such an excellent, affable and easily accessable physician.

January 22nd, 2014
Not a good diagnosis
I went to Dr. Molia because my eyes were tearing profusely. I had three visits and each time she gave me a different eye drop which irritated my eyes. Finally one of my friends suggested that perhaps my tear ducts were blocked to which she replied that's possible. IShe then irrigated my eyes to no result. I finally went to LI Eye and immediately on the first visit the doctor knew my tear ducts were blocked and he irrigated them and I felt immediate relief. Now Dr. Molia is insisting that I pay for the extra visits which I will not do. Please stay clear of this doctor.

February 28th, 2012
If I could give a lower score than one star I would.
It is a miracle to believe this woman actually graduated from any program let alone Stony Brook. She was horrible. As for aggressive in treatment of glaucoma she was lacking. I had no history of diabetes or family history. However, with the the symptoms of acute angle-closure are often extremely dramatic with the rapid onset of severe eye pain, headache, nausea and vomiting, and visual blurring, which are totally symptomatic of glaucoma. I have now vision loss because I was not diagnosised acurately and had to go to NYU eye center to be properly diagnosed.

July 16th, 2011
one of the best
professional, intellectual, friendly, compassionate.she is definitely a "keeper", sent my family members to her .

April 21st, 2011
she really seemed to be on point with questions asked and elicited things I either forgot to mention or didnt think of and I felt she took the time to really evaluate the problem

February 15th, 2011
Ginny G.
I have been seeinbg Dr. Molia for about three years. Kind and compassionate. Diagnosed my glaucoma as borderline orginally and went on meds right away. Didn't appear to me to be conservative. Always invited me to contact her with problems or questions. I recommend her to everyone I know.