Dr. Leanne Swenson MD Patient Reviews

3.4

• Good
  • Bad

June 26th, 2017
She knows her stuff! Very concerned about my well being.

September 25th, 2014
Seriously?!
I moved to utah recently. I'm in search of an Endo since I have type 1 and thyroid issue. I call to make an appt an am told dr. Swenson doesn't see diabetics. Ok, what? So another dr there does. Ok so I try to make an appt with him. They will not make an appt without a dr referral and a1c level blood work! What?! I've had diabetes since 1995 - pretty sure since there's no cure I still have it. Wth?! Stupid. Finding someone else now.

September 10th, 2014
Great!
She's easy to talk with. Listens to me and we make decisions together.

July 30th, 2013
No Infertility Patients
Even though I have high Thyroid Antibodies, Dr. Swenson rejected our referral because we are also suffering from infertility. WHAT? That's so rude. Regardless of the infertility, I still have high TgAb. Very devastating to be turned down to even be seen! Totally lame. Obviously doesn't care about patients.

July 30th, 2012
I wish she was my primary care physician. She is interested in my overall health not just my thyroid. I have never felt rushed by Dr. Swenson and is sincerely concerned for my wellbeing.

June 12th, 2012
Dr. Swenson is fantastic. I would reccommend her to anyone. I have an aggressive/recurrent form of thyroid cancer and have seen MANY endos. She's one of the best!

May 25th, 2012
The Truth!
I switched to Dr. Swenson because my oncologist for my thyroid cancer was over-aggressive in my treatment. Dr. Swenson DOES focus a lot on diet and exercise, but rightly so! I have lost 22lbs using her advice and have never felt better. Also, she takes the time to explain what all the blood work means. She makes me feel like she is treating my whole person not just one problem. She helped me to get all my medical records in one place, which is also very helpful! I always leave her office feeling empowered to take charge of my health! I highly recommend her!

March 22nd, 2012
Good luck even getting in!
I was sent to a Thoracic surgeon for a biopsy of my enlarged thymus gland. As an honest surgeon he wanted me to get some tests run for M.G. because the biopsy or surgery is so high risk that he didn't want to open me up unless necessary and to know the cause of it. He highly recommended me to Dr. Swenson and after more than FOUR WEEKS of having my scans and notes faxed over(every other day and multiple fax numbeers)they finally received my info. Now it's been a week and a half later STILL no appointment. So I called to see how long it normally takes and was told that they still didn't have my information, even though they called me and told me they received it. I was then told that it means they haven't looked at it yet, so, I asked how long it normally took. I was told "oh, just a few days." It's been EIGHT business days now. I'm over trying and if they call to make an appointment I'm going to tell them where to shove it! For being so highly recommended I can't believe how horrible the staff is and how long it takes(6 weeks now!).

March 1st, 2012
Dr Swenson was all over the place. I had no idea what she was talking about and when I asked for clarification, I left even more confused. Was told I had thyroid problems and was put on medication, and it turns out I don't have any thyroid problems, according to lab work done. Would definitely not recommend.

September 16th, 2011
Charges too much!!! Way over charges for no follow up.
I saw this doctor because I thought my thyroid medicine dosage was not sufficient. Dr Swenson charged a new patient evaluation of over $600. Then the labs were like $1,500. She called in a perscription to change my thyroid from like 50 mcg to 100 mcg (one unit higher). I had to pay for most of this visit, and labs becuase of my crappy insurance. The labs, she could have gotten from my primary care physician, my primary care physician referred me to her, and had just done the same labs. I got stuck with this huge bill, I'm a single mom, with grandchildren living with me too. At that time, I was supporting everyone. This doctor spent maybe 10 minutes with me. She was nice, but this is why healthcare is so high. The doctors know that another one has already gotten the labs, but they don't share the information, they get it themselves because they make more. Shame on this doctor. I never went back to her. I would not recommend anyone to go to her. Her new patient evaluation is over priced by at least $450.00. I know this, and I just made an appointment with a doctor who will be charging me $450 less for the same type of new patient evaluation. I hope I get better help. Doctors need to realize they do not need nor deserve to live like rock stars. They live in million dollar houses. When I was a kid, (a long time ago) the doctors lived in the same neighborhood as we did, they came to our house when we were too sick to go to a hospital and we couldnt afford it. They cared about our family with 7 kids in a 4 bedroom home. Their kids did dress better, but not that much different than everyone else. Look at the doctors now! Their kids are the ones that go to the best schools, they have several cars, and live in million dollar homes. Is this right? No it isnt! I dont care how much your education was, my education was almost as expensive and I worked and paid for every bit of it. You guys should start thinking of yourselves as regular people, not special. We are all special, even the sick and the poor. Shame on the doctors in this state. Shame on this doctor for charging so much and not using information that was already available. I wonder how many times has she done this to others? I would not recommend her.

August 31st, 2011
Dr. Swenson is great and I highly recommend her.
I'm not a big fan of doctors and usually only see one if absolutely necessary. I was referred to Dr. Swenson when I was diagnosed with a thyroid nodule. She was very thorough and would go over and above to discover my problems and help me to resolve them. She would help me understand what was happening with me and provide options along with discovery to better understand how to treat me. She gave me a lot of suggestions and we discussed weight loss and diet - only because I was interested. I truly believe weight has a lot to do with many of the health problems people suffer with and it would be irresponsible for her not to address dietary habits and weight loss in her practice. I agree with her suggestions to limit carbs (which include fruits and most vegetables) in order to lose weight. Losing weight will mostly happen due to diet alone - even though exercise is very important as well. Listen to and body builder or fitness expert and they will tell you the same thing. I think Dr. Swenson is a great doctor who is honest and not concerned about hurting feelings - but instead delivering solutions even though they may be hard to hear.

July 19th, 2010
Wonderful Lady
I read a lot of reviews for her saying positive and negative comments, and decided to go to her. My visit was great! I felt she listened and took time to help me understand what was going on with my body. She gave me tip on exercise as well as vitamins. I would recommed her to anyone in need for a specialist.