Internists
12348 Old Tesson Rd
Ste 160
Concord, Saint Louis, MO 63128
314-467-3900
Locations and availability (3)

3.0

|  Bummer  |  show details
by Susan on Sep 14th, 2013

I had seen Dr Watson in the past for simple things (sore throat, sinus infection) I ended up with a pretty serious infection. When I went to see her she gave me 2 prescriptions and told me to call back if it didn't work. The infection got worse. I called to see if I should come back in. Her response was "I don't call out pain medicine". I never asked for pain medicine. She called in a different prescription that worked fine. I was upset that she immediately thought that was what I wanted. It also a bit wierd that there was no follow up.

|  Former Patient  |  show details
by Mary Jauer on Sep 13th, 2013

Love this Dr. Since her move to a new Mercy location it's too far for me to drive but was so disappointed at that time. She is very caring, thoughtful, listens to her patients, educates as she informs patient of diagnosis. Just love this Doctor. Wish her office was still in South County.

|  Mrs.  |  show details
by Cynthia (Cindy) DeMand on Jul 31st, 2013

I went to be seen by Dr. Watson two weeks ago. Being a 2-year CML patient in active chemotherapy treatment daily, my Oncologist noticed that a monthly blood test showed that my Type II Diabetes was concerning again. I have been a patient of Dr. Don Snodgrass since 1999; a professional and caring Doctor who cared for me with dignity, concern and always worked diligently to find answers for us. My husband and I were also surprised to learn that our trusted and wonderful Doctor may not be returning to his medical practice due to health issues, so we decided to see Dr. Watson since my complicated medical records were already in the office and I wanted to continue my Primary Care with this practice, if possible. My husband and I have seen her twice. She listened patiently, was very friendly and kind, has a sweet, yet professional nature and treated us with the same respect as Dr. Snodgrass always did. She was very thorough in her exam, ordered the appropriate tests and started the monitoring of my glucose levels daily. When my levels did not improve as we all had hoped, she ordered a daily medication for me. I saw her for the second time Tuesday, July 30 and she met us with the same friendly smile, asked all of the important questions necessary, and allowed me to ask all of my questions. She ordered further testing, explaining very carefully to us as to why she wanted them, explained her plan of action for the next couple of months and is fully working with my Oncologist and the Transplant Team that are now working with me and planning my bone marrow transplant in 3-6 months. The staff is friendly, we knew some of the young ladies already, and treated us with respect. We didn't have to wait much more than 10 minutes, which after a two-hour drive each way from home, is actually welcome to re-wind and ready ourselves for our appt. We talked on the way home about how much we liked her and were both hoping that she would keep us as patients in her Primary Care practice. I came right out and asked her if we could both remain patients under her care since we won't have Dr. Snodgrass any more, and she said that she was hoping to keep us with her. I can explain this very simply, we like her. She is young, capable and appears to be extremely knowledgeable. We are very sad knowing we won't be seeing Dr. Snodgrass any more as we thought he was one of the most professional and caring Doctors we had ever met, but understand that this was unexpected and at no one's fault, and we are extremely pleased to be patients of Dr. Watson. I would recommend her to any family member or friend needing a good Doctor.

|  Patient treated badly  |  show details
May 22nd, 2013

I would not recommend Dr. Watson-Fickens to a dog. I have never in my life been treated so disrespectfully, as this Dr. treated me. Dr. Watson joined my Primary Care Physician of over 20 years and, due to his being gravely ill, I was referred to her. I am on disability w/a 1 in a million disease requiring pain management and my regular PCP, Dr. Don Snodgrass was always compassionate, caring and persevering in helping w/the diagnosis. When he became ill, Dr. Watson immediately cut off my pain meds and told me to go find a pain management dr. (very difficult to find one who will manage meds). I am now stuck w/a dr. I can hardly understand and have to see every month w/a $40 co-pay. He also has no samples of a very expensive drug I have to take. This has put me in financial duress. So I went to meet w/Dr. Watkins. Coming into the room, she didn't smile or shake my hand but just said "what's up". I tried to explain to her my disability but there was no eye contact. Just her inputting info on her laptop. Because she is a DO, not an MD, I questioned what she was able to take care of, as she said pain management was not her expertise and she said, "I'll have you know I did an internship at Mercy!" Well that didn't answer my question but did show her ability to be rude and intimidating. I don't care where she did her internship! I just wanted to know, if I should call her for a cold, flu or whatever. I told her I had a sinus infection, she quickly looked @ my throat, said it was inflamed, and typed up a note for a script, as she was shooing me out of the room. I was totally taken aback by this overall behavior of a supposed professional. I went to the front desk and, being upset, told one of the staff she was acting like a b---. My only other comments to any of the staff were about, when they thought Dr. Snodgrass might be back. That I missed him, as well as his dog. This was somehow misconstrued and I subsequently received a certified letter dated May 2 on May 19 that I displayed inappropriate behavior and so therefore would no longer be a patient there. How shallow and thin-skinned can a doctor be that they don't want any questioning re their credentials so just kick them out the door. Then call Risk Management and not give me the appropriate 30 day notice to find a new Physician. Perhaps I should have been more careful w/my words but I was extremely upset by her treatment of me. Now my doctor is coming back and I've been told he has no control over the letter and I can never go back to him. This breaks my heart, as my doctor and I had been through so many things together and I hoped he would be my doctor up until my death. I have recommended many people to him and always talked highly of him. I would hope he could see through this and find a way to take me back. I also hope to never have contact w/Dr. Watson again. I feel she has ruined my life from a medical standpoint and I pray she doesn't do this to anyone else. I have read other reviews of her from the past and they were not all that good so I am not alone.

|  show details
May 1st, 2012

Dr. Watson-Ficken is amazing. She is the only doctor I've ever had who has spent time answering questions and who I feel like really listens and presents all sides of the picture in educating you. I am so sad that she is moving to a practice in O'Fallon and I have to find a new doctor (although I seriously considered making the long drive since she is so awesome). I really have complete confidence and trust in her and she will be hard to replace.

|  HORRIBLE Experience  |  show details
Jul 29th, 2011

I scheduled a new patient appointment 2 months ago. The scheduling person called me a week ago to reschedule me because the doctor had something going on that day. So I had a new patient appointment scheduled for today. Showed up 15 minutes before my appointment to fill out new patient paperwork. The receptionist said to me with a SMILE on her face "Your too late". She stated that even though my appointment was at 2:30 I needed to be there a half hour early to fill out paperwork. Needless to say I am not happy. I had to take off work and drive a half an hour there to tell me I could not be seen. Not to mention the receptionist was smiling about it. VERY unprofessional. It only takes 5 minutes to fill out any paperwork, I would certainly like to know what takes 30 minutes. Good luck keeping your patients especially with the receptionist you have on staff. If any of my employees acted like that...they would be GONE! I will be letting a whole lot of people know NOT to go to this practice.

|  show details
Apr 3rd, 2011

Dr.Watson-Ficken is a GREAT doctor. I love how she takes time with you, and is very careful to weed out possible diagnosis. Erin her assistant is professional, and sensitive to your questions and needs.HOWEVER you will wait a good deal of time for her. It is insane that they ask you to arrive 15 to 30 minuets early, and then stick you in a room for over 45 minuets waiting for her. While she is a great doctor, this is not the person to try and see on your lunch break.

|  ridiculous office policies  |  show details
Feb 16th, 2011

The office policies are totally ridiculous. That is why I am looking for a new physician.

|  Horrible Physician  |  show details
by Christine R. on Dec 15th, 2009

She doesn't take the appropriate time to talk to you. Her medical assistant calls for her and you don't get to talk to her. Not to mention the medical assistant spends more time with you than the doctor does during the visit.