Bummer show details Bummer
by Susan on Sep 14th, 2013

I had seen Dr Watson in the past for simple things (sore throat, sinus infection) I ended up with a pretty serious infection. When I went to see her she gave me 2 prescriptions and told me to call back if it didn't work. The infection got worse. I called to see if I should come back in. Her response was "I don't call out pain medicine". I never asked for pain medicine. She called in a different prescription that worked fine. I was upset that she immediately thought that was what I wanted. It also a bit wierd that there was no follow up.

Former Patient show details Former Patient
by Mary Jauer on Sep 13th, 2013

Love this Dr. Since her move to a new Mercy location it's too far for me to drive but was so disappointed at that time. She is very caring, thoughtful, listens to her patients, educates as she informs patient of diagnosis. Just love this Doctor. Wish her office was still in South County.

May 1st, 2012

Dr. Watson-Ficken is amazing. She is the only doctor I've ever had who has spent time answering questions and who I feel like really listens and presents all sides of the picture in educating you. I am so sad that she is moving to a practice in O'Fallon and I have to find a new doctor (although I seriously considered making the long drive since she is so awesome). I really have complete confidence and trust in her and she will be hard to replace.

HORRIBLE Experience show details HORRIBLE Experience
Jul 29th, 2011

I scheduled a new patient appointment 2 months ago. The scheduling person called me a week ago to reschedule me because the doctor had something going on that day. So I had a new patient appointment scheduled for today. Showed up 15 minutes before my appointment to fill out new patient paperwork. The receptionist said to me with a SMILE on her face "Your too late". She stated that even though my appointment was at 2:30 I needed to be there a half hour early to fill out paperwork. Needless to say I am not happy. I had to take off work and drive a half an hour there to tell me I could not be seen. Not to mention the receptionist was smiling about it. VERY unprofessional. It only takes 5 minutes to fill out any paperwork, I would certainly like to know what takes 30 minutes. Good luck keeping your patients especially with the receptionist you have on staff. If any of my employees acted like that...they would be GONE! I will be letting a whole lot of people know NOT to go to this practice.

Apr 3rd, 2011

Dr.Watson-Ficken is a GREAT doctor. I love how she takes time with you, and is very careful to weed out possible diagnosis. Erin her assistant is professional, and sensitive to your questions and needs.HOWEVER you will wait a good deal of time for her. It is insane that they ask you to arrive 15 to 30 minuets early, and then stick you in a room for over 45 minuets waiting for her. While she is a great doctor, this is not the person to try and see on your lunch break.

ridiculous office policies show details ridiculous office policies
Feb 16th, 2011

The office policies are totally ridiculous. That is why I am looking for a new physician.

Horrible Physician show details Horrible Physician
by Christine R. on Dec 15th, 2009

She doesn't take the appropriate time to talk to you. Her medical assistant calls for her and you don't get to talk to her. Not to mention the medical assistant spends more time with you than the doctor does during the visit.