Orthopedic Surgeons, Surgical Specialist
2001 Peachtree Rd NE
Ste 705
Atlanta, GA 30309
404-355-0743
Locations and availability (2)

2.5

|  current patient  |  show details
Feb 20th, 2013

I had spinal fusion surgery in December. I am very pleased with the results. I had some complications; Dr. Kelley took a lot of time to explain what was happening and to answer my many questions. He seems to really care about his patients. The entire office was very helpful throughout this process. I am thankful that he is the doctor that my orthopedist recommended for the procedure.

Jun 16th, 2012

If you are Injured on the job please do not let the insurance choose this doctor. He doesn't care about your health. He works for the insurance, like most WC doctors. His assistant Stephaine P. Is way more helpful and understanding.

|  Best Doctor  |  show details
Jun 14th, 2012

Truly the nicest, smartest and most apt doctor I've ever visited. A great spine surgeon and a very honest man. This is the kind of doctor that makes the world better.

|  Confused and Dissatisfied.  |  show details
Mar 15th, 2012

He seems to be scatter-brained at times. I had to confront him about the results of my EMG before he would state that I needed some MRI's done. I haven't had him look at the results of the MRI yet, but I'm afraid he will say that everything is fine since I am a workers comp. case. I had been on Loratab for pain for almost two years because of the slowness of wc to get things done, and because I still have pain after surgery. I had to get a cane to help me walk, and they have cut me off on my medicine. This wouldn't be such a problem if they would have gradually reduced my dosage or let me know they were changing my dosage. Most reviews say that he throws pills at you, but they didn't with me exactly. He doesn't listen well to his patient, and he acts like he believes that I just want pills when all I want is to be able to play with my kids again. I hope things get fixed, but it's hard to be optimistic. If I had a choice in the matter I would have went to Dr. David Gower for my surgery, but that is the problem with wc, you get whatever they give you. Overall, I would give him a 2 1/2 to 3 star rating. He's not a horrible or incompetent doctor, but he definitely wouldn't be my first choice.

|  successful fusion  |  show details
Sep 12th, 2011

I had a postive experience, I had many opinions &all said I needed fusion of l4&5. I could not stand up for more than 10 minutes,could not walk over a block. I had the surgery Dec.2009, it was a great success,I have great mobility,no leg pain,can walk &play golf.

|  know thy enemy  |  show details
Feb 28th, 2011

wc insurance made an appointment with this individual for my husbandwill post first hand opinion after visitcollege park address???says "fly by night" operation to me anyhow

|  Frustrated  |  show details
by Warren G. Wood on Jun 2nd, 2010

I am a workers' compensation claimant with back pain. I didn't really have an accidet per se, but my employer owed me medical treatment. Thank God, St. Obama provides that now. I presented with the classic symptoms for multi-level disc problems. (I researched my condition on the internet before the visit and got details on symptoms from my attorney). Dr. Kelley said just because they weren't consistent with the normal pattern and my EMG and MRI were normal that I didn't need medication. That is BS. He robbed me a good settlement. Don't go to him.

by Jordan on May 10th, 2010

Dr. Kelley takes time to know his patients and treat them accordingly. Dr. Kelley helped me to be able to walk again and I thank God for him.

|  Does not care how you feel, unless you have private Insurance  |  show details
by Non-important workers comp patient on May 3rd, 2010

Does not listen to your complaints, bedside manner the pits.Throws pills at you instead of listening to you.Good Dr. IF you have private Insurance,I know because I used him with private to check him out, then the minute I changed to worker comp just horrible.

|  Beware (Workers Compensation)  |  show details
by Workers Compensation on Mar 23rd, 2010

I first went to Dr. Kelley's office back in 2004 for a sholder injury. The injury was a workers compensation claim in which my sholder had multiple dislocations and needed surgery. I was told by his office that no one could fix my sholder and I would have to live with the pain for the rest of my live so I got a second opinion and my shoulder was fixed. Now in 2010 I had another accident at work with a different company and was sent to Dr. Kelley as a second opinion doctor and was told I did not need surgery after my surgeon stated that I needed the surgery. In my opinion his office works with the insurance company to line his practices pocket. I would never recomend his office to anyone. I will say though his office staff is very proper and respectable.

Feb 16th, 2009

Dr. Kelley diagnosed that I had a congenital defect in my back and that what has my legs, butt and knee in pain. He said I would be back to work after recovery. Well I am still waiting to recover and my legs, butt and knee is still messed up? What a screw-up. I hope he is getting paid well by the pharmaceuticals company because he definitely is not my choice for a good Doctor.Please do your homework before you let anyone put a knife to you. I wish I did.