Dr. Lee Altman MD Patient Reviews

• Psychiatry Stoughton, MA

3.1

January 24th, 2017
Please look elsewhere for care!
I have not seen Dr. Alman since 2014, yet my reviews of him continue to disappear from this board, as do other negative reviews of him. I suspect Dr. Altman is removing them to make himself look better. Look at the total number of stars he has. He cannot mess with those, unless he adds positive reviews himself. Dr. Alman spends very little time with his patients. I never had a feeling that he knew me, or had a sound idea of how to treat me. If I had a complaint, he simply added another drug to my ever growing list of prescriptions. My primary ordered a neuropsychological exam for me because my deficits were becoming alarming. I could not see straight, walk properly or drive any more. The report advised a drastic decrease in my medications. Dr. Altman ignored the report. Shortly after, I left his practice for a wonderful nurse practicioner who helped me get off most of the drugs he had me on. My faculties returned to normal. I regained the 20 IQ points I had lost. I don't think Dr. Altman sees people as individuals and just prescribes the latest and greatest of psych drugs. I was glad to be done with him, and my life has blossomed since. While I wish him well, I would hope that he would return to school and get a tune up on treating patients with different diseases.

August 9th, 2016
I would recommend this Dr to anyone. He has many specialties..
I think Dr. Altman is an excellent doctor, and I'm not just saying that because of medications I get or think I could get from him, because I got the same meds from my dr before him. He really listens, asks the right questions, and you leave there feeling like he really understands you and can help. I trust his recommendations on certain meds he think may help me, and they usually always do. He is usually always there when you need him, by phone or email. He returns calls promptly and emails, sometimes even on weekends. He is understanding and flexible with people's schedules, and does his best to accommodate you. Sometimes the appointments are a little rushed, but that's how it is these days with any psychiatrist. That's why they usually recommend getting a therapist, which he does recommend. And also, its so hard to find a psychiatrist these days. You have to switch your pcp doctor, and make an appointment with the pcp dr, and then see someone else for an "intake", and then they put you on a waiting list. Some people can't wait that long for their psych meds. Dr. Altman is very professional, and is a very good Dr. I would recommend him to others, and I already have recommended him to some that feel the same as I do. They are very happy with their decision to start seeing him. I have been seeing him for almost three years, and before I started seeing him, he was at Harvard Vanguard and I had family and a couple friends that saw him there. They were so upset when he left and so happy when they found out he opened up his own practice. And I was extremely happy because at Harvard, they didn't accept my health insurance, so I was not able to see him there. I'm so happy he opened his own practice. He is a great doctor.

January 25th, 2016
Dr Lee Altman will not treat low income
Dr Lee Altman will not except bmc insurance because they dont pay enough money to him. I guess he only cares about the money. If your lower income he dosent want you. How sad it is when a dr values money more than the health of his fellow man. If you call and get turned down ask why than call your isurance provider and find out how to complain.

October 15th, 2015
Excellent
I have been going to him for 2/3 yrs and he is very knowledgeable. He prescribed the correct meds on the 1st try which is extremely unusual to happen and he has adjusted the dosage as necessary. He knows a lot about me and my past and is very understanding. He is very accommodating and prompt. Our appt time adjusts on a monthly basis and is according to my needs and the changes in my life good or bad.

September 25th, 2015
He is the best therapist I've ever had. I appreciate him so much. I consider myself extremely lucky to have found him! I am grateful for his time and help. My life has improved because of him

July 22nd, 2015
Positive experience
Dr. Altman is a very knowledable Dr. I was impressed by his background and knowledge about mental illness and the proper drugs to prescribe. He was quit to get me into appointments right away. I was shocked by the negative reviews. I think most of the negative reviews were assuming he is a therapist. You need a seperate Therapist. Dr. Altman does the meds side. I highly recommend him for anyone needing treatment.

April 17th, 2015
Most of the time Dr. Altman seems very nice and understanding. A couple times he has seemed moody, but he is human after all. He usually remembers almost everything that you tell him. One thing I do not really like is the shortness of the appointments and I feel rushed sometimes. However, that seems to be Psychiatry in general these days. It's more about pills than talk therapy. Compared to my last psychiatrist who has no kindness, respect, or social skills .... Dr. Altman is pretty good.

February 23rd, 2014
Dr Altman has saved my life. He is very educated in his profession. He may get irritable at times, but I feel as though he is very knowledgable in his field. He is very educated on on the latest meds. Overall, a good doctor.

October 22nd, 2013
No complaints about Dr. Altman
I am surprised at the negative reviews Dr. Altman got. He listens - on your next visit he remembers what you told him - does not have to refer to any notes while speaking with you. So no time wasted repeating what I already have said. He gives sound advice without being arrogant or a "my way or no way" attitude. Lets you speak without interrupting. So I can only highly recommend him. He has not staff and follow up after visit do not apply (I have not needed a follow up so far). I gave 4 stars anyway, since I did not want to negatively effect my rating.

May 24th, 2013
Great Doctor
He is a great doctor, who I've seen for a few years. One of the few doctors that listened and worked with me to get over my severe panic attacks and anxiety/depression while I was going through a difficult time in my life. I hope I can continue to have him as a doctor at his new practice.

November 20th, 2012
Very Professional Doctor
I would HIGHLY recommend Dr. Lee Altman. He is by far the best doctor on the South Shore. I have seen many doctor's on the South Shore, and Dr. Altman is excellent! Looking forward to visiting Dr. Altman in his new Stoughton, Ma. location.

July 6th, 2012
I love Dr. Altman, and am very upset that he is not at Harvard Vanguard anymore. I have seen many doctors over a 20 year span, and Dr. Altman is by far the best psychologist on the South Shore. I really hope that he opens up his own practice! In the meantime, I am in search of another doctor with dr. Altmans expertise. It is going to be a tough search, because Dr. Altman has an incredible bedside manner.