Dr. Leeann Swanson MD Patient Reviews

May 23rd, 2017
Highly competent & personable

October 3rd, 2011
Does NOT care
I would not recommend Dr. Swanson - or the UPMC/Magee office for that matter. I've had some medical issues over the past year that have resulted in my calling the office with questions, looking for guidance from my doctor as to what I should do. I have NEVER received a call back from her - I have to make an appointment just to have a discussion with an MD. Sometimes the office staff will attempt to answer questions, despite their lack of qualifications. This is concerning in and of itself because on two occasions, the responses that I've received were fundamentally incorrect. I fear that they are dishing out unqualified advice to others who will take their word.I've had to follow up several times after never receiving a response back - and always only get as far as a nurse. Most frustrating is that the typical answer I get is "I don't know". Just last week after my THIRD call in 5 days trying to get in touch with my doctor, a nurse responded to my question with "Its just part of being a woman". WHAT?? This is completely unacceptable and terrible practice - not to mention extremely dangerous.Upon my final follow-up with the doctor this morning, when I was supposed to pick up two scripts for lab work to be taken at separate dates, even the scripts were messed up. I received one without specifications on them - no information from the office staff, and the two nurses who were consulted (in front of the entire waiting room) shrugged without any information or help they could provide. And, unsurprisingly, the doctor was not available today, but they said they could have her follow up with me... I won't hold my breath. Moving on to find a new OB/GYN who cares for her patients and wants to help women with our health concerns.

August 4th, 2010
Excellent bedside manner, very caring MD. Takes her time with you and goes over information in detail in a way it can be understood.

July 3rd, 2010
she had a bad attitude and makes terrible remark. She fail to inform me that while going for prenatal check up that I only need to go for a pap smear once. I went twice in same calendar year. That insurance did not pay for it. I had to pay a lot of money. When I inform her about it, she did not care.

January 24th, 2017