Dr. Lee Miller Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Lee Miller?

Bipolar Disorder

Have you seen Dr. Lee Miller?

14 Ratings with 1 Comment

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

Showing 14 Ratings with 1 Comment

October 13th, 2013

Lee C. Miller, Psychiatric Med. Guru

Dr. Miller has been my doctor since I had my third child; my ObGyn referred me to him over 25 yrs. ago.Obviously I am from the "old school" in that I have never told my close friends or extended family that I've been seeing "one" for over two decades. What makes Dr. Miller so great is that he is impeccable at prescribing medicines and their dosages very quickly. I remember when I first saw him, with my postpartum depression,I had been started on the very lowest dosages of the medication he deemed appropriate for my condition. The first week I experienced almost no positive change, so he upped my dosage a fraction. The second week it was "upped "another fraction. By the third week, and adjustment to the meds.I started noticing subtle semblances of normalcy. By week 4, I felt almost back to normal. My thinking and feeling had just about gotten me back to my old self. I know people get discouraged when they consult a doctor and don't experience immediate relief. Psychiatric medications are tricky, and you need a really good doctor to get you through those first scary weeks on new meds. I hope someone reads this and gets the message if they are having a tough time getting dosages of psychiatric medications started/adjusted. One final note-- There are not many psychiatrists in this part of PA who can touch Dr. Miller's level of competence when it comes to psychiatric medications. Do scrupulous research before choosing a psychiatrist.

September 7th, 2017