Dr. Lee Choo-Kang Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Lee Choo-Kang?

February 2nd, 2016

Would Never Recommend

My 4 year old was in PICU at Mercy last winter and Dr.Choo-Kang had seen him on previous occasions prior to this hospital stay. Months earlier he had presumed that my son had asthma and gave us a nebulizer to help. It turns out he had pneumonia and RSV and that is what led him to have to be intubated in the hospital. How could he have confused that diagnosis? He then proceeded to insist on a Bronchoscopy, which in hindsight was unnecessary and we almost lost our son during the procedure that he told me had preformed nearly 1000 times. He has the worst bedside manner, a very cold natured, detached manner and he seemed so eager to do the procedure I think more for the money and less for the right reasons. I think he fails at his Hippocratic oath and I would strongly urge anyone not to seek him out. He's a money hungry doctor, not a compassionate doctor with the desire to help people.

January 27th, 2015

DOES NOT FOLLOW HIPAA LAW

I TOOK MY SON TO SEE IF HE HAS ASTHMA AND THEY DID A COUPLE OF BREATHING TEST AND SAID THAT HE DOES HAVE ASTHMA BUT IT IS NOT SEVERE. TWO WEEKS LATER MY SISTER TOOK HER TWO SONS TO SEE DR. CHOO-KANG AND HE TOLD HER THAT I WAS IN WITH MY SON AND THAT HE DOES NOT HAVE ASTHMA. SHE DIDN'T EVEN KNOW THAT I BROUGHT MY SON THERE AND SAID THAT THE DR. TOLD HER UPON ENTERING THE ROOM. WHEN I CALLED THE OFFICE TO ASK THE DR. ABOUT WHY HE SPOKE ABOUT MY SON TO SOMEONE WHO IS NOT ON THE LIST FOR HIM TO DISGUST MEDICAL INFORMATION HE SAID THAT IT WAS MY SISTER AND THAT HE THOUGHT IT WOULD BE OK. I THEN ASKED WHY HE SAID THAT MY SON DOES NOT HAVE ASTHMA WHEN HE HIMSELF TOLD ME AND SHOWED ME WITH THE TEST RESULTS AND HE SAID THAT HE DOES NOT HAVE ASTHMA THAT IT'S NOT SEVERE ENOUGH. MY SON'S PRIMARY, GI, ALLERGIST AND ENT ALL TOLD ME THAT ASTHMA IS ASTHMA AND THAT THE TEST PROVE IT. SO IN THE END, I WILL NEVER TAKE MY SON TO DR. CHOO-KANG AGAIN OR REFER ANYONE TO HIM AND I WISH MY NEPHEWS WENT TO A DIFFERENT DR. BECAUSE THIS ONE NEEDS HIS LICENSE TAKEN AWAY.

February 4th, 2015