Some ratings provided by Doctor.com.
by Kaitlin Conron on Jul 26th, 2016

Excellent!

Excellent Experience with Dr. Hinnant show details Excellent Experience with Dr. Hinnant
by Russell on Jan 9th, 2016

Dr. Hinnant took excellent care of me during my fist visit. She worked with me to make sure that all of her and my concerns were thoroughly covered. I've never had a doctor so willing to share information and listen to my perspective. She's knowledgeable, helpful, and a pleasure to work with. I would highly recommend her.

AWESOME AAA show details AWESOME AAA
by Tewana M. Strong on Oct 22nd, 2015

I was referred to Dr Hinnant, I was truly impressed I needed a physical and I needed on short notice, after calling my own primary and about 9 other doctors only to hear we are not accepting new patients until next year. Dr Hinnant office had an opening the next day morning..she was very knowledgeable, detailed, educated, pretty, helpful, courteous, polite and listened to my concerns. Yes, I will be selecting her to be my new primary doctor.

Apr 24th, 2015

Short wait time, doctor was very comfortable and easy to talk to.

Very smart show details Very smart
Apr 18th, 2014

I want a doctor who steps to the head of the line and she certainly does that. Very smart and sweet. Sometimes I have to bring my child and she is so nice to us.

Best family provider show details Best family provider
by B. Cook on Apr 22nd, 2013

I am so happy with the care that Dr. Hinnant has given my children and myself. She always takes the time to talk with my children, asking them direct, easy to understand questions. It is fairly easy to get an appointment with her, when we need to be seen. I tell everyone who is looking for a PCM change, to try her office. Thanks!

Aug 10th, 2012

Very good communication.Treats the patient with friendly respect.Cares!

May 18th, 2012

I should have rated her awfully so I don't have to share her! If heaven had doctors, they'd all be like her. She will listen to you as a PERSON and treat you like a person, and will ask you your opinions instead of coming in, coldly looking at you, and then giving you confusing orders and leaving.

May 6th, 2012

Dr. Hinnant is from the beach so she knows many of the same people that my family knows. I like that connection. It makes me feel like a live in a town instead of a big city. She relates to me and she has a caring attitude punctuated with humor! I like her very much.

If you want a Doctor who actually listens, might want to broaden your horizons. show details If you want a Doctor who actually listens, might want to broaden your horizons.
Feb 22nd, 2012

Dr. Hinnant was way off the mark with her diagnosis of my headaches. I explained to her in detail how long I have had them and that they were NOT chronic, only during my pregnancy last year and when the weather chages.. I told her I had aleady been to a neurologist because of the migraines I had while pregnant and the results were inconclusive as there was nothing wrong with my brain or head , yet she insisted on referring me to another neurologist right off the bat and this was on my FIRST visit to her. I told her the medications I have taken in the past and what worked and what did not. Well, not only did she prescribe me a barbituate that I told her upsets my stomach, but she prescribed a blood pressure medicine to lower it? Anyway, the medicine actually gave me horrible heartburn, I threw up twice on it, and I woke up the next morning with a headache. She blatently disregarded my wants and my best interest as a patient but I gave it a try and took her crazy meds anyway. Of course I wil NOT be going back to her for any other health concerns as I am afraid her inexpertise and lack of listening to her patients might do me more harm than good. I am not sure how this doctor has 14 four star reviews. She does a 50 question interview on you and then decides to go some alternative route with medication foe your ailment that only makes you go from bad to worse. Probably one of the worst doctors I have seen yet. I now have a family doctor through Sentara and he is nice, listens to me, is personable, and cares about what his patients needs are. Best of all, he doesnt veer off the tried and true road when prescribing drugs. No blood pressure meds for head/backaches, and no 20 dollar copays to get the medicine either because it's some funky weird name I've never heard of, therefore more expensive of course. Please rethink seeing her. It doesnt seem like she knows what she is doing at all.She even typed my middle initial on my prescription with an M instead of an S. Not sure how she did it, because "m" isnt even near the "s" on the keyboard. Being she has only eight years experience and is my age, I dont see how she accumulated 17 four star ratings when other doctors who are much more qualified and well known for being a good doctor in this area only have maybe six ratings at best. Something is rigged here, that's all I know.

kind and thoughtful show details kind and thoughtful
Jan 27th, 2012

I have been seeing Dr. Hinnant since my husband passed away 3 years ago. She is understanding and easy to talk to despite the difference in our ages. My budget is limited so she provides samples which is really helpful. She is the sweetest person.

Compassionate show details Compassionate
Jul 19th, 2011

She is thorough and honest and caring. I appreciate her direct ways. She makes me feel like I can be healthy if I take charge of my life! She is less than half my age, but I know I have found my doc!

awesome show details awesome
Jun 8th, 2011

I have only seen her a couple of times so far, but she telephones me personally even on a Sunday! Where else are you going to find that level of service?

I am switching show details I am switching
May 7th, 2011

I found Dr. Hinnant via this site, and I agree with the previous viewers. My waiting time once I entered the office was not enough for me to complete my paperwork! Wonderful. Dr. Hinnant was very personable, listened to what I had to say, and left me feeling that she understood all of my concerns. I will be leaving my current doctor because I feel Dr. Hinnant is much more of a professional with her heart and head in the right place.

Remarkable show details Remarkable
Apr 25th, 2011

Dr. Hinnant is as smart and knowledgeable as the come!

excellent show details excellent
Mar 10th, 2011

My overall experience was super good!

LL show details LL
Dec 15th, 2010

After hearing coworkers speak highly of Dr. Hinnant and how happy they were with services and that she actually listened to their concerns. I knew that I was over due for having a physical and finding a primary physician. All that I heard was true and more. She and her staff makes you feel comfortable in a setting that you would normally be uncomfortable. Thank goodness for word of mouth.

Dec 14th, 2010

I went to the wrong office which made me late when I found out where they moved. She was very nice about it. A letter was mailed, but I never received it. She was worth following to the new location!

CD show details CD
Nov 1st, 2010

She is the best doctor I have ever had.

Best GP show details Best GP
by Dave Rutheaford on Oct 1st, 2010

Great experience!!! I have been outside of medical care for almost a year when I finally had to bite the bullet and give into the need for a Dr. Based on locality, reviews, and insurance, I went with Dr. Lee Hinnant. After filling out the requisite paperwork, giving vitals and weighing, etc. I was promptly seen by Dr. Hinnant. She reviewed my concerns with me and really listened! She asked probing questions based on my intake form and my concerns and spent a lot of quality time getting to know my medical history and concerns. She then spent more time educating me in some areas where needed, wrote the necessary prescriptions and set the follow-up lab work and appointment.Dr. Lee Hinnant is the epitome of a medical professional in every respect and I look forward to a long, healthy relationship.

Mr show details Mr
by Anonymous on Sep 1st, 2010 on doctorsdig.com

Very professional, smart and spends time with patients.

Read Full Review at doctorsdig.com
by T.H. on Aug 25th, 2010

I would recommend her to any age patient. She is from the beach so she knows a lot of the history here as well as the people. We are lucky she came back to practice.T.H.

May 28th, 2010

I dont feel this doctor spent nearly enough time with my child before prescribing an SSRI. She called my child with her lab results, rather then me and the bill is even in my childs name, rather then the responsible parties... her parents! I was told infront of my child that a 16 year old doesn't need parental consent for mental health or birth control. Not very professional, in my opinion. I am her mother and know my child. Now, I am having to watch and monitor her intake of this SSRI that I didnt want her on in the first place. :(

Cynthia show details Cynthia
by Cynthia on Mar 8th, 2010

She is the best doctor I have ever had.

by Steven on Dec 27th, 2009

Professional but warm.

Exceptional show details Exceptional
by Colleen on Nov 30th, 2009

I overheard someone discussing Dr. Hinnant and recommending her to her friend. The way she spoke of her made me want to see her and since I needed a physical, I made an appointment. She is very young looking, but is well trained. I looked at her diplomas and she is a Yale graduate. I highly recommend her. She has a personal way with patients.

Thorough exam show details Thorough exam
Apr 8th, 2009

This is the first doctor who ever called me personally with test results. I liked her very much.

Smart Lady show details Smart Lady
by Jane on May 6th, 2008

She is very sweet and the smartest doctor. She diagnosed my mother-in-law so well in the office before admitting her to the hospital that the specialist was amazed.